kun [five]

You awoke no longer in the car, but instead in an unfamiliar living room. If you could even call it that. It was huge, that one room being the size of your whole apartment. You didn't have to be confused for long, as your wide eyes spotted a familiar figure standing between the room you were in and what seemed to the be the kitchen, a glass of water in hand and no longer donning his suit jacket.

"You're awake," Kun smiled down at you as he set the water on the glass coffee table in front of you. A bruise was already forming where the Wraith had punched him.

"I'm at your house." That should have been a question, but a statement was made instead.

"Yes."

"How's your face?"

"Fine, I put some ice on it earlier. The Wraith didn't have much of a swing."

"So what happened?"

"You fell asleep in the car. I wasn't sure when you'd wake up, so we took you back here instead."

"No, not that, I remember falling asleep. I mean, before that, with the Wraiths."

Kun blurted out, "I'm sorry, Y/N."

"What?"

"I... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that to you," he apologized profusely, sincere remorse in his voice as he clasped his hands in front of him and hung his head in shame.

He had said sorry before he put his hand on your neck, you remembered, "What did you do? The chanting or whatever."

"It's something only very old and powerful Ayakashi can do, and not very often, but... I channeled your powers for you. I am so sorry, Y/N."

"Kun, you saved our lives, why would I be upset with you for that?"

"Channeling and controlling others' powers is a very sacred and intimate thing for Ayakashi. If I had done that to anybody else who knew me as little as you do, I'd have mortally violated them. Once again, I am so very sorry for this, Y/N."

"Kun, please don't apologize. I don't care about that. You saved my life, that's what I care about. Please, for fuck's sake, look at me."

At your insistence, Kun dragged his eyes up from the floor to meet your own. You waved him over, patting the spot on the couch beside you. He sat down, his confidence quickly returning now that you'd dismissed his worries.

"Tell me more, about Ayakashi power customs or whatever they're called," you requested. "I don't want to offend anyone in the future."

"We don't really have a name for them, they're just the unspoken rules and customs of Ayakashi. Like I said, controlling and channeling powers is something that Ayakashi take very seriously. The sanctity of an Ayakashi's power is also why the bond that Onmyoji and their True Ayakashi have is so important to those Ayakashi."

"An Onmyoji and their... what?"

"True Ayakashi. Have your friends not told you anything about Onmyoji?"

"We've really just been focused on trying to awaken my powers..." you mumbled, somewhat ashamed by how little progress you'd made in the two weeks of training sessions.

"Well, an Onmyoji will have five Ayakashi who, if they were to channel their powers, would make them the most powerful they could be. And your True Ayakashi—" Kun brought his phone out, searching for something as he kept talking, "are whichever Ayakashi have a mark that matches this," he turned his phone screen around to show you a picture of the back of your neck, and right where he had slapped earlier was a beautifully bloomed black lotus blossom.