kun [nineteen]

A couple hours later, right as the sun was beginning to set, the four of you left your apartment and loaded up into Kun's car that he had parked in front of your building. The car ride was mostly quiet, except for Taeyong's phone, which you had finished setting up for him and downloaded some of the games he liked to play on yours. Except now as he played one of his games, the volume was pretty much all the way up.

"Yonggie, can you turn the volume down?" You turned around to ask him.

"How do I—"

Yuta had snatched the phone from Taeyong's hands before he could finished his question, very exaggeratedly clicking the volume-down button before thrusting it back into the Nekomata's grip.

"That's how."

"Oh. Thanks, Yuta!" Taeyong said brightly before returning to Candy Crush.

"No problem, pretty kitty," Yuta rolled his eyes in return.

You exchanged a glance with Kun, the two of you suppressing your chuckles.

Soon, Bell Street was in your sights, and Kun found a parking spot between Lenticular and the bookstore. The lights were off in your parents' store, meaning that Sicheng was definitely off work. Whether he'd be in the café was still questionable.

Lacing your fingers with Kun's did little to still your anxious heart, but it was better than not. Yuta and Taeyong were ahead of you, the Kitsune keeping a hold on the other's arm to make sure the oblivious Nekomata didn't run into a building while his eyes were glued to the colorful candies on his phone screen.

"Maybe you should've had Yuta just get him a flip phone," Kun quipped to you, a clear attempt to help relax you and bring you back out of your head.

You managed a slight chuckle, but you couldn't say much of anything in reply.

"It'll be fine, Y/N. You've got this. Yuta and Taeyong are already okay with us. That's two down, and... how many to go?"

You ran a mental list, "Five to go. Six, including Sicheng."

"Easy."

Giving him a frank look, you returned your focus to keeping your breathing under control.

Yuta opened up the door to the café, pushing Taeyong in ahead of him before holding it open for you and Kun to pass through. You nodded to thank him, holding your breath as you stepped over the threshold.

Despite what your brain had been hyping you up to, the world didn't immediately explode when you walked into the café. In fact, it seemed as though nobody had taken notice of you at first. Renjun was stacking chairs up in the far corner; Jungwoo and Sungchan were focused on their game of dominoes at one table; Jeno napped in a booth behind them; Johnny wasn't out in the dining room, but you could hear sounds in the kitchen that you knew to be him preparing food for you guys. And Sicheng was nowhere to be seen.

You tried not to let that weigh too heavy on your mind as you waited for a moment. But when none of them had even noticed the four of you, you called out, "Hey, guys!"

Jungwoo was the first to acknowledge you, pleasant smile coming to his features as he looked up from the game, "Hello, Lady Onmyoji. How are you two tonight?"

"Uh, pretty good," you replied, pulling Kun a little further into the café.

"I'm well, thanks," Kun returned the friendly smile.

Renjun glanced up for a moment before doing a double take at the man beside you, then your linked hands, "Shit, Y/N. Being stupid again, I see."

"Oh, piss off Renjun," you rolled your eyes at the Satori as he walked over to Jeno. He grabbed the Tengu's baseball cap off his head before smacking him in the face with it a couple times, "Tengu! Wake up! Y/N's being stupid again!"