kun [seventeen]

The next day was soon upon you, and you got out of bed, stretching and cracking your back with a loud groan. Walking out of your bedroom, your eyes fell on Taeyong curled up on the couch in his cat form. He had slept in the living room for the first time since you'd brought him home from the shelter, something that hadn't gone unnoticed by you. Your short fight yesterday was still affecting your friendship, and you felt a twinge in your chest at the thought of it. Forcing yourself to look away, you went into the kitchen and started making yourself breakfast. Unsure of if Taeyong wanted human food or cat food this morning, you decided to make extra pancakes and fill up his food bowl just in case.

Taeyong still hadn't stirred while you ate breakfast, or when you sat on the opposite end of the couch to watch some of your shows. When you went into your bathroom to shower, you could've sworn you heard the microwave whirring, and while you changed in your bedroom to get ready for lunch with Jaemin, you definitely heard rustling around in the kitchen. But when you walked back out, Taeyong was still curled up in the same corner of the couch, eyes shut. An extra dish was in the sink, but you didn't call him out on it.

"Bye, Yonggie," you called out softly to him as you stood at the door. His ears perked up at his name, but he made no move to actually acknowledge you, or give up the charade of him sleeping.

You continued speaking to him, knowing full well that he was awake and listening, "I'm getting lunch with Jaemin. I should be back in a few hours. Have fun. Oh, and we're having a meeting on Monday with the other guys, okay? Bye, I'll see you later."

The next days passed in a similar fashion: Taeyong would sleep on the couch and pretend to be asleep whenever you were nearby, completely ignoring you.

This time when you went to leave for your Monday classes, you stopped by the couch on your way out to gently rest a hand on his head, "Bye, Yonggie. I'll see you later. We've got that meeting tonight, remember?"

At his lack of response, or even movement, you sighed. Tenderly stroking his fur, you murmured, "I wish you would talk to me, Yonggie. I miss my friend."

"I'm hanging out with Yuta today. When he gets out of class," he finally spoke, but didn't move a muscle, not even opening his eyes to look at you. "Then we're getting dinner. So I won't be here when you get back. Just so you know."

"Okay," you nodded your head, holding back your utterances of surprise. "Good. Have fun, Taeyong."

The Nekomata was silent once again, and you retracted your hand to then take leave of your apartment.

At school, you and Yuta were the first two there, and you couldn't help but question what Taeyong had told you that morning.

"Are you and Taeyong hanging out today?" You blurted out to your friend, unable to believe that they had gotten over their rivalry so quickly.

"Yeah, we are," Yuta confirmed. "Pretty kitty ended up at Lenticular the other day and called me from Johnny's phone. I was just as surprised as you are. How'd you not know? I thought he goes wherever you were."

"He's got his own key to the apartment now, I'm glad he's using it," you said, but couldn't keep the frown out of your voice. Digging into your bag, you grabbed your wallet and pulled out your credit card, holding it out to the Kitsune, "Taeyong should probably get his own phone, too. Will you take him to get one this afternoon? There's no pin on that card."

He hesitantly accepted the card, tucking it into his own bag as he questioned, "Why don't you and him just go get one together?"

You bit your lip bitterly, remembering how coldly he'd been treating you all weekend, "He's pissed at me right now. This morning was the first time he'd spoken to me since Friday, and it was only to tell me that you two were hanging out today."