kun [epilogue]

Finally, after hours of excruciating pain and suffering with Kun right by your side, the nurse handed you a pink bundle of blankets, "Here she is."

Accepting her in your arms, you gently moved the blankets away from the baby's face. And there she was, your daughter, mouth already in a pink pout. You continued brushing some of the blankets away from her forehead, fingers running over smooth fine hair before hitting two bumps. They were two little black horns, barely the length of your fingernail. Looking up at the nurse, she didn't seem to notice that anything was off, and you then looked at Kun. His eyes were absolutely shining as he looked down at your daughter, his thumb gently tapping the blunt tip of each tiny horn in wonder.

You pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead, right between the teeny horns before pecking your husband's cheek.

"Look at what we made," he breathed out in awe, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. "It's amazing."

"She's amazing, Kun," you corrected him teasingly.

"You both are," he pecked your lips then your daughter's nose in quick succession.

Her nose wrinkled up in response, and you were barely able to coo over how cute she was before her mouth opened wide and she let out an ear-piercing shriek. In your tired state, you found that you could only laugh in response to the horror spreading across your husband's face.

"All I did was— but you just—"

"You made her cry, you get to calm her down," you snickered, placing her into his arms instead.

And so Kun held her close to his chest, gently swaying side to side as he shushed her quietly. He then switched to singing lullabies, the gentle tunes lulling you and your tired body towards sleep as well.

Before you knew it, both you and your daughter had drifted off. Kun looked from the baby's sleeping face to you in victory before realizing that you were asleep too. He set her down in her incubator before perching himself beside you on your bed, looking at his two sleeping girls with a heart full of love and happiness that he wasn't sure he'd ever get.

"Where is she?" Taeyong barreled into your home as soon as you had twisted the door handle.

"Good to see you too, Yong," you chuckled, making your friend turn to you.

"Sorry, hi, Y/N," he went to hug you, but it was fleeting, he was practically shaking with excitement.

Yuta was right behind him, the Kitsune giving you a tight hug, "Congrats, Y/N."

"Thanks, Yuta."

When you saw that pretty much the rest of your friends were in the hallway, you opened your door even wider for them. Jaemin was as excited as Taeyong, barely affording you a second glance as he looked around for your baby. Johnny, Sicheng, Jungwoo, Mark, and Ten all took the time to properly greet you as well, Renjun, Jeno, Doyoung, and Sungchan simply giving you short hellos, hanging a little further back from the large group.

"Kun's changing her and she just woke up from a nap and got done eating, so she should be good for you guys," you announced to them all, noticing with interest that all the Ayakashi were in their human forms.

Jaemin and Jaehyun had been told after Kun has proposed, you figured it was finally time to have your best human friends learn about this whole other part of your life, about who your fiancée really was. They were both skeptical until Jeno ever-so-helpfully sprouted wings, Taeyong sprouted ears and tails, and Kun revealed his horns. They were only slightly alarmed.

"Why do you all look normal?" You asked with an eyebrow raised. "Jaemin and Jaehyun know, remember?"

"We don't want to scare her," Johnny said, and you chuckled knowingly.

Kun had finally emerged from the nursery, your daughter swaddled in his arms. Your chest swelled with love as you looked at the two of them.

"Oh, she won't be scared, I promise," you assured them as Kun came to stand beside you. Pulling the blanket away from her face, the reveal of her two little horns made half the men with you audibly gasp and the other half squeal.

"She's perfect," Taeyong breathed out in awe, anxiously wiggling his fingers. "Can I hold her?"

"Of course," Kun gently transferred your daughter into the Nekomata's arms. "Make sure you support her head."

The white-haired man did as he was told, gingerly holding her. You briefly thought back to all of Taeyong's previously clumsiness in his human form, and worry flashed across your mind. You saw that his ears and tails were out, and as you looked around, all of your Ayakashi friends had relaxed into their true forms.

Your daughter's eyes were open, mouth widening to let out a delighted giggle as she spotted Taeyong's cat ears. They twitched as he stared down in her, as entranced as she was.

"Alright, don't hog her," Jaemin demanded, suddenly at the Nekomata's side. "My turn."

"My daughter isn't a toy," you scoffed out, watching nervously as Taeyong passed her over to the human.

Now confident that she was in more stable arms, you retreated to Kun's side, content to just watch all your friends coo over your admittedly adorable kid. Kun rested his arm on your shoulders, and you wrapped both of yours around his waist.

His mouth was right beside your ear as he whispered, "I'm so glad Taeyong isn't holding her anymore. I didn't want to be rude when he asked but—"

"He's incredibly clumsy when he's not a cat, I know," you murmured back. "All I could picture was him tripping and accidentally throwing her across the room like that vase he and Yuta got us as a housewarming gift."

"Well, I definitely trust Johnny," Kun referenced the Domeki who was now holding her. "His hands are bigger than her head."

"Perfect for baby-holding, I agree."

"Do you want to hold her, Renjun?" Johnny asked the Satori, holding her out in his direction.

The waiter froze, different-colored eyes glued on the small bundle of blankets. He looked more terrified of a baby than he ever had of Wraiths.

"She's in a bunch of blankets. Besides, babies don't really think yet, right?" The Domeki provided his justification. "Even if they can, there's not going to be anything bad in there. Come on."

Hesitantly, Renjun extended his hands, uncomfortably accepting your daughter. He'd clearly never held a baby in his life, but he eventually got her in a somewhat comfortable position for both of them. Everyone was watching him expectantly. With an eye roll, he pressed the back of his hand gently to her forehead. Immediately, he withdrew it, eyes wide and face alarmed.

"Someone take her please," he whispered hoarsely, holding her out to nobody in particular.
Jaehyun was quick to accept her, and you looked at the Satori with great concern.

"What, Renjun? What's wrong?"

"She doesn't have an internal voice yet, which makes sense, so all I got was images... of what she was thinking."

"What was she thinking about?"

"The meal she just had."

Your own eyes grew to the size of dinnerplates, arms instinctively crossing over your chest—her meal source.

"Oh my god."

Yuta and Ten were both snickering at this misfortune, and Renjun's eyes were turned downward. You had an inkling that you might never make eye contact with him again.

While Sicheng held her with one arm, he was also entertaining her by manipulating water above her into various shapes, and she watched in absolute awe. When it was Ten's turn, the Jorogumo suspended a few strands of glowing purple webs above her head that she was also utterly transfixed by. Mark simply tapped her tiny horns before passing her off to Yuta. The Kitsune's fox ears were just as interesting to her as Taeyong's cat ears had been, and Jeno's wings after that. Jungwoo sang a small melody to her and even Sungchan's hard features softened as he looked down at her.

Jungwoo looked to the snow spirit, "Doyoung?"

But he shook his head, "My hands are much too cold to hold her. I would give her hypothermia in a matter of seconds."

"Of course."

Finally, she was back in your arms, and you pecked her nose, making her giggle. Taeyong was right, she was absolutely perfect.

"You two look like shit, by the way," Jeno informed you, flopping down onto one of your couches.

"New baby, no sleep," you retorted, sitting down as well.

The rather large group settled down in various spots in your living room, and your daughter ended up back in Jaemin's arms, her little hand curled around one of his fingers. Taeyong wasn't far, gently stroking her fine hair away from her face.

"So, when's the first night without the baby?" Johnny asked sympathetically. "Leaving her with the grandparents for a night, getting a full night's sleep again?"

You found yourself frowning, chest hurting at the thought. You could barely stand when you went to the grocery store by yourself for an hour yesterday and left her home with Kun.

"We're not at that stage yet, still very much attached to her," Kun spoke up for you, rubbing your shoulder comfortingly.

"When you do get there, Uncle Johnny and Uncle Renjun will be more than happy to take her off your hands."

"Speak for yourself, old man," the Satori scoffed.

She was in Sicheng's arms then, and you heard him whisper 'I would kill for you' to her in a startlingly serious tone, staring directly into her eyes.

Ten was next to him and lightly removed her from the Mizuchi dragon's grasp, "This is going to be the most well-protected baby ever. The most powerful Onmyoji in a thousand years for a mother, a powerful Oni as a father, and eleven Ayakashi uncles."

"Hey, I box!" Jaehyun cut in, clearly not liking that he was left out of the Jorogumo's assessment.
Jaemin added defensively, "I'm not a supernatural being or a boxer, but I would actually die for her."

"Uh, thanks guys," you chuckled, happy at how much they already loved her.

Looking over to your husband beside you, you felt your smile grow into a wide, loving grin as you pecked his cheek. Kun smiled back at you, touching your foreheads together for a moment, a wordless exchanging of 'I love you's.