kun [nine]

Immediately as soon as you knew he was out of earshot, you whipped out your phone and called Kun, just like you'd planned. On the second ring, he picked up.

"Hey, Y/N," he answered smoothly, and already you could feel a weight being lifted off your shoulders by his voice.

"Hey, Kun," you tried to force brightness into your voice, but you knew you'd failed.

"What's happening? You sound... like you're thinking about a lot of things."

"I am," you groaned, thankful that you could just be honest with him.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Please."

"Over dinner?"

Looking down at your attire—which was your 'this is my only class of the day and I don't give a single shit' outfit—you set a parameter, "Nothing fancy, please. I'm dressed like trash."

"I just started cooking myself dinner and planned on leftovers anyway, so there should be more than enough for the both of us. At my place. That casual enough for you?"

"You live in some rich playboy penthouse, so it's still a bit fancy for me," you retorted, but couldn't turn down the invite. You really just needed to see him, "Send me your address, I'm on my way."

"Are you walking?"

"I also have a subway card if required."

"I can send Doyoung to come pick you up."

"He gives me the heebie-jeebies, Kun," you deadpanned, earning a light chuckle from the man over the phone. "I'd rather walk."

"Very well, it should mostly be done by the time you get here."

"Awesome. I'll see you then."

"I look forward to it."

With that, you hung up, and almost immediately got a text with Kun's address.

Surprisingly, it was only a ten-minute subway ride from the closest station, then another five-minute walk. Considering you were passed out the last time you'd gone to Kun's place—which was only yesterday you were now realizing—you had no way to really know if you were in the right place until you entered the lobby of the building. This you remembered from when you left his place: the elegant marble floors and impressive gold hardware. The furniture was all finely made with velvet upholstery, and you had just enough wits about you to feel ashamed for looking like you did while standing there.

Refusing to make eye contact with the person at the front desk, you walked over to the elevator and pressed the 'up' button. When the doors slid open to allow you in, you pressed the one for the very top floor, nervously shifting your weight between your legs when the elevator started going up. It took some time to reach the top floor, the penthouse, the entire floor that Kun had to himself. The elevator deposited you in a short hallway that ended in a single door, which you knocked on.

Just a moment later, the door was swung open, Kun on the other side. He was dressed in a simple pair of dress slacks and button-up shirt, which had the top two buttons undone and sleeves rolled up to his elbows. A dish towel was slung over his shoulder as well. This man was too attractive for your own good.

He stepped back from the door to let you in, "Hey, you got here in one piece."

"I feel like I didn't, but yeah," you let out a deep sigh, shuffling inside.

"Come on, food's almost ready," Kun took you by the hand to lead you into the kitchen.

Once there, he had to let your hand go to finish chopping up a few vegetables then toss them into the pan on the stove. Whatever was in there smelled delicious, and your stomach growled. You leaned against the counter by the stove to watch him cook, rolling your neck to work out a kink that had formed there. Kun looked up from where he had been stirring the contents of the pan, eyes softening as they scanned your surely disgruntled face.