kun [twenty-six]

In Kun's penthouse that night, you were at your usual spot sitting atop his kitchen counter, watching him cook.

"So tell me about how it went with Mark," he prompted you, stirring the contents of the skillet.

"Oh, right, right," you swung your feet a little. "So I went to his and Ten's apartment, and honestly... he looked like shit from trying to summon it. Boy could barely sit up in his bed. You were right though, he just wanted to bring his dad back. He even gave me the book with the ritual in it, said he couldn't do the ritual without it."

Hopping off the counter, you went over to your overnight bag, where you had stuffed the book in. You had yet to get rid of it like Ten asked, and had planned on doing it here. You opened one of Kun's drawers, grabbing the lighter you knew was in there.

"If I burned a piece of paper in here, would it set the fire alarm off?" You questioned, flipping through the book until you found the page that Ten had pointed to. You'd gone through the book earlier, tucking away some bits of information here and there: Onmyoji's Oath, fire manipulation, other things for a rainy day.

You skimmed over the page once more, it was definitely the ritual to summon the thing under the shrine. Even the book didn't have a proper name for it, it was just called 'a great evil.'

"Uh, maybe?" Kun cocked an eyebrow as he left the stove to come over to where you were, looking at the book over your shoulder.

"Ten told me to rip it out, burn it, and flush it," you explained, lifting the page up with a finger to prepare for the first step. Curiously, you looked over the back of the page. It was another ritual, this time to kill the mega-wraith, permanently rid the universe of it.

Your boyfriend had noticed what it was as well, "That might be useful."

You took your phone out, snapping a picture of the second ritual. Just in case.

With a short inhale of breath, you ripped the page out, all the way next to the spine, "My parents would kill me if they saw me doing this to a book."

Kun chuckled, watching as you grabbed the lighter, clicking it open to spark the flame. Looking to him for reassurance, you held the paper and the lighter over the sink, touching the flame to the edge of the paper. It immediately caught fire, and you watched the flame travel up until it was too close to your fingers, then you promptly dropped it into the sink. Once it was all ashes, you turned the water on and grabbed the little hose sprayer, making sure it was all down the drain.

"So that's it, then?" Kun asked, and you knew his apprehension over believing all this to be over. It all felt too... anticlimactic.

"I hope so," you sighed, moving to put the lighter back in the drawer.

When you turned back around, you spun yourself right into Kun's arms. He held you closely, and you immediately hugged him back, both your body and mind relaxing.

"You did a good thing today, Y/N," he murmured, pecking your forehead. "My sweet girl."

Lugging your suitcase behind you, you exited your bedroom, excitement coursing through your veins. Taeyong was waiting for you in your living room, his own suitcase packed as well.

"You've got everything you need?" You asked him like a worried mother.

"I can come back if I need something, Yuta's place is still here," he snorted. "You are going to be on another continent. Do you have everything?"

While you and Kun were to be in Greece, Taeyong was going to be staying at Yuta's apartment. Not because you didn't trust Taeyong by himself for two weeks in the apartment, but he had admitted that he didn't want to spend that long alone. Not surprisingly, Yuta had offered up his place for him to stay in, and very surprisingly, the Nekomata had accepted.

"Yeah, I should. I double-checked my list at least five times."

"And if you forgot anything, Kun can buy you twenty more."

You gave him a frank look, but it broke into a humorous grin anyway, "You're right, you're right."

Your phone buzzed in your back pocket, and you quickly pulled it out. Kun calling.

"Hey!" You picked up cheerily.

"Hey," your boyfriend's voice reached your ear. "I'm just around the corner, you ready to go?"

"Yep, we both are!"

"Great, Yuta texted me his address this morning. We'll drop Taeyong off then head to the airport."

"And be in Greece in just a few hours!" You finished the plan excitedly.

"Yes," he confirmed. "I just pulled up; I'll see you soon."

"Okay!"

With that, he hung up, and you did a final cursory scan of your living room area for anything you might be forgetting.

"Kun's at the building, he'll be up in like... a minute," you informed Taeyong, who slung his duffel bag over his shoulder.

Just a few moments, there was a knock at your door, and you grabbed your suitcase before opening the door. Kun was on the other side, bright grin already on his features as he pecked your cheek, "Hey! You two got everything?"

"Yep!" You responded brightly, following him out into the hallway.

Taeyong locked the door behind the three of you, and you all set off for the stairwell.