kun [six]

You woke up later the next morning than you usually would. Rolling over, you planted your hands on your mattress and pushed yourself into half a sitting position. At the foot of your bed was Taeyong, curled up in his cat form. You wanted to leave without waking him, but as soon as you shifted to swing your legs over the edge of the bed, he shot up, bright blue eyes watching you, unblinking.

"Morning, Yonggie," you smiled fondly at him. Grabbing your phone from your nightstand, you winced when you saw the time. You'd have to grab something to eat on the way to class, "Or, almost afternoon. I gotta get dressed, you mind?"

He leapt off your bed in response, turning into his human form to open and close the door for himself. You also had a couple texts, which you wanted to reply to as soon as possible.

The first ones that you decided to deal with was the one in the group chat with your other Ayakashi friends.

[sicheng: I close the shop at 5, is everybody available then to meet at Lenticular Café?]

[yuta: i can do that]

[renjun: the old man and i live there, its kind of hard not to be there]

[johnny: he means yes, that works]

[jeno: sure, whatever]

[sungchan: I will be in attendance and will relay the information to my brother]

[sicheng: Y/N?]

[johnny: she's probably still asleep, which is good]

[sicheng: Right.]

Those were all from a few hours ago, so you sent your own reply.

[you: taeyong and i will be there!]

[johnny: perfect!]

[sicheng: How are you feeling, Y/N?]

[you: fine, and you guys were right, i just woke up]

[you: and have a class soon, so i've got to go! i'll see you all at five!]

Exiting out of that conversation, you clicked on one that interested you much, much more.

[kun: I know (or at least am hoping) that you're not awake right now. I just want to let you know once again, that I had a wonderful time last night and I hope I can see you again soon.]

The text was from six in the morning, so he was right to assume that you weren't awake. He must have texted you between waking up and going to work. Butterflies fluttered in your stomach as you thought that maybe you had been the first thing he thought of when he woke up.

[you: i had a great time too, and yes, we should definitely see each other again soon]

Humming to yourself as you got dressed, you couldn't wipe the happy grin from your lips as you grabbed your schoolbag.

"You're in a good mood," Taeyong commented, watching from his perch on the arm of the chair. In his true form.

Right as you turned to respond, he lost his balance and dropped right off the furniture onto the floor. You winced, trying to hold back your giggles as you helped him up, "Maybe you should save that spot for when you're in your cat form, bub."

He grumbled, instead standing up and tilting his head at you. With suspiciously narrowed eyes, he once again stated, "You're in a good mood."

"Is it a crime for me to be in a good mood, Taeyong?" You scoffed, swinging your bag onto your shoulder. Your heartrate spiked when you felt a buzz in your pocket, and now you really wanted to get out of this conversation: it may be Kun texting you back.

He shook his head, offering you a small smile, "No, of course not. You're just not usually this bright when you wake up."

"Well, I had a very good night last night."

"So you're going to see him again?"

"Yeah, I am," you nodded definitively, checking the time once more. "I've got to get going, Yonggie! Sicheng wants to meet up with everybody tonight, so I'll be back after my class to hang with you, then we'll head over, okay?"

The Nekomata nodded, "Okay."

"Bye, bub!" You said cheerily, giving him a short head pat before taking off for your class.

As soon as you were in the hallway, you brought your phone back out to check your messages. It was Kun texting you back.

[kun: Did you just wake up?]

[kun: If you did, you deserve it after last night, Y/N]

[kun: So how soon would you like?]

[you: texting me in the middle of the workday? not very good behavior to model as the ceo]

[kun: Check the business card again]

[you: how do you know i still have it?]

[kun: A hunch]

And so you peeled back your phone case and fished the business card you'd been given the first time you'd met him out of it. Skimming over Doyoung's job title, you realized your mistake.

[you: my bad, not very good behavior to model as the vice president]

[kun: I'm on my lunch break. Speaking of, I just started it, would you like to join me?]

God, you were so tempted to. But you had a test in your class today, something you couldn't miss unfortunately.

[you: i'd love to, but i've got a test at one. another day?]

[kun: I understand, another day. And good luck on your test]

[you: thanks. so how's your day going?]

You continued text Kun all through your short subway ride. As you emerged from the tunnel, you spotted the food truck that usually parked at a corner of your campus. You double-checked that you had enough time before jogging over and ordering yourself some lunch. Procrastinating outside your lecture as long as you could, you quickly ate your food between texting Kun.

Unfortunately, you saw that you only had a couple minutes to get into your seat and get your test materials out and ready.

[you: i've got to go now, kun. i have something at five, can i call you after that?]

[kun: I'd love it if you would]

Well aware that you surely had a dumb grin on your face, you replied.

[you: then i will]