kun [twenty-one]

"You've been avoiding me," a voice caught your attention from behind you, and you cursed under your breath before putting on a greater speed through the crowded halls.

You sensed it before you hit it, but it was too late, and your foot caught on an invisible bump, sending you flying to the ground. Hissing at being nearly trampled underfoot, you wasted no time in scrambling to get back to your feet. But he'd already caught up to you.

Mark grabbed your upper-arm tightly, "Y/N, come on."

"What the fuck was that for, Mark?" You glared at him, referencing the supernatural way he'd just made you trip.

"Like I said, you've been avoiding me. Not sitting next to me in class anymore, coming into class just before it starts and leaving as soon as it ends. I want to know why."

"You attacked my boyfriend, Mark. Did you think I wouldn't find out? Sorry for not wanting to hang out with someone who intentionally hurt my boyfriend for no apparent reason."

The two of you were outside now, and you looked towards the library desperately. You just wanted to study for your finals next week and be done with this semester. And this conversation, as well.

He didn't reply but kept his iron grip on you.

"Can we do this later, Mark?" You asked, barely on the cusp of being civil. "I have to go study."

"If you agree that we can talk sometime this week."

"I'm not agreeing to anything. Let go of me."

"Hostile, Y/N. Let go of you or what?"

Jerking your arm from his grip, you tried to keep your anger down as you addressed him, "There wasn't another option."

You stalked off, keeping your senses attuned to his powers to make sure he wasn't going to try anything on you then. Thankfully, he didn't, but you could sense that he wasn't moving from that spot, watching you walk away. You didn't relax until you were safely in a private study cubicle in the library, away from pretty much everyone.

Despite the time of day—definitely the middle of the workday—you pulled your phone out to call Kun. You needed some kind of reassurance.

It went to voicemail. Disappointed, you hung up, and right as you had acquired your laptop from your bookbag, your phone lit up with a call. It was Kun. You hastily picked up, "Hi, Kun."

"Hey, Y/N," his voice alone was already calming you down. "Is everything okay?"

"Not really," you admitted, voice wavering slightly.

"What happened? Talk to me."

"Remember how I told you I've been sitting in a different seat in my Lit class, away from Mark? And I haven't talked to him in like the past month?"

"Yes, I remember. Did he do something to you?"

"He finally caught up to me after class today. Tripped me with his Onmyoji powers and grabbed my arm. I didn't want to make a supernatural scene in the middle of campus, so I just told him to let me go. He did, but I'm just a little freaked out. I had to tell someone."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Y/N, I wish I could come get you, but I've got a lot of work for today and—"

"No, Kun," you cut off his clearly conflicted ramblings with a gentle smile. "I wasn't calling you for anything like that, just to talk. I've got finals to study for, I had no intention of asking you to come get me, okay? Just wanted to talk to you."

"I'm glad you're okay," he breathed out. "I can't wait to see you tonight."

"I'm excited too." You then reminded him, "Seven o-clock at Lenticular."

"I know the usual patrol time."

"You've only been going on them for a couple weeks, I was just making sure."

"Mm, sure," he hummed teasingly. "Alright, I've got to go, and I'm sure you've got to go, too."

"I do."

"See you tonight."

"See you, Kun," you echoed with a smile, listening to him hang up.

Time to actually study.