kun [eighteen]

Kun's first call came in the middle of your lecture. You declined it.

Kun's next three calls came right after that first one. You declined them.

Kun's next call came while you were in the library working on the essay your Literature professor had assigned that morning. You declined it.

Kun's next call came while you were at lunch with Mark. You declined it.

Kun's next two calls were right after each other in your Chemistry lecture. You declined them.

Kun's next call came while you were on your trip home. You could pick it up. But for some reason, you just thought of how roughed up Mark had been this morning, and your blood boiled. You declined it.

Kun's next four calls came as you entered into your apartment. Taeyong wasn't there, just like he said, which made your chest hurt. You declined them.

Your apartment was silent as you sat on your couch, bitterly scrolling through social media with a foul taste in your mouth. Taeyong was pissed at you, Sicheng hadn't replied to your texts, and Kun was apparently an angry psychopath or something. This sucked.

Then, someone knocked at your door. You stood up, slowly approaching it until the person on the other side spoke, "Y/N, are you there?"

"Depends," you retorted back to Kun, arms crossed over your chest as you stared down the door.

"On what?"

"How well you explain yourself."

"What? For what? You told me to call you when I was available, then sent all my calls to voicemail. I got worried about you."

You finally snapped, "What the fuck were you thinking? Beating up Mark Lee and telling him to stay away from me? What the fuck is wrong with you, Qian Kun? I cannot believe that you would do something like that. Why on Earth would you think you had to go after Mark anyway?"

"Y/N, he—"

"He what? You think he's responsible for the Wraiths too? With what proof?"

"He told me."

"What?" Your anger wavered at this.

"He came to my offices some time ago, before you and I met. He was trying to recruit Ayakashi who would be willing to let him channel their powers since he didn't have all of his own True Ayakashi. He wanted them for some ritual. A ritual that requires a lot of power. From himself, other Ayakashi, and Wraiths. I told him that neither me nor my employees would want to do that and sent him away."

You still tried to argue, "But you didn't have to—"

"Y/N, open the door and look at me."

You cautiously did so, revealing the man on the other side to you. And it was then that you saw the state he was in. He had cuts and slices all down his arms, most already beginning to scab.

"Kun..." you whispered his name in shock, pulling him in by his hand and shutting the door behind him. "What happened?"

"I just wanted to talk to Mark, try to make a deal. I am a businessman, of course. But I showed my cards too early and brought you up. He just fucking snapped," Kun explained, and you felt tears welling in your eyes as you continued looking over his wounds. "I tried to take as many of his talismans as I could before I actually had to hurt him. I brought out my katana as a last resort to scare him off. It worked. All I did was break his nose. He tripped over his own feet running away and sprained his wrist."

"I'm calling Yuta, he can heal you up," you declared, pulling your phone out. Before you could press the call button, you looked up at your boyfriend, feeling the first tear slip down your cheek, "And, I'm so sorry, Kun, for doubting you. I should have actually tried to listen to you in the first place instead of getting all pissy. That was horrible of me to do to you."