kun [fifteen]

At your apartment, you knew Taeyong would be a bit neurotic since you hadn't told him that you weren't going to be home that night. He was starting to get used to nights without you, but you had always told him beforehand. So you knew he wouldn't be the most calm when you got in, therefore you asked Kun to stay parked in front of your building and wait for you two there with his newly full tank of gas.

Testing your front door, it was unlocked, which made sense, Taeyong was probably in. What didn't make sense was that when you opened your door, you saw Sicheng pacing in your living room.

"Oh, hello," you greeted him hesitantly.

You were barely able to close the door behind you when you were nearly knocked over by Taeyong throwing his arms around you. His shoulder knocked into your esophagus, and you coughed as your windpipe was hit.

"Woah, Taeyong," you choked out, pushing him back a little bit. "I'm sorry I forgot to tell you I wasn't going to be home last night."

"Y/N, we had a patrol last night," Sicheng informed you frankly, hands on his hips.

Realization dawned on you in that moment, your jaw dropping. Shit, you had completely forgotten about your back-to-back patrol days that week.

"Oh my god, Sicheng, I am so, so sorry. I completely forgot about that."

"I'm not upset that you missed the patrol, I'm relieved you're okay. I am upset that you made us all worry and think you were hurt or worse."

"Shit, I am so sorry for making you worry, Sicheng," you continued apologizing profusely. "I should have told you guys, or really I should have gone to the patrol last night. I'm so fucking sorry, dude. I'll apologize to the others myself as well. Oh, I feel so bad."

"I truly am glad you're okay, Y/N," Sicheng's features were less stern and more confused as Taeyong pulled back from you, and he took in your outfit. "Just curious as to where you were that would prompt you to be wearing that... and you smell like the ocean. You were at the beach? In a men's suit? Or, part of a men's suit and some basketball shorts?"

Taeyong drew back next to Sicheng before finally speaking up, arms crossed over his chest, "You were with him again."

"Taeyong, not now," you shook your head at the Nekomata's accusation.

"Oh, so you and the guy are getting a bit more serious?" The Mizuchi dragon perked up at this. "Congrats, Y/N."

"Yeah, we are," you admitted, coming to the conclusion that it was time to start telling them about your boyfriend. That was what you'd told Kun you would do, and you really wanted to. Taking a deep breath, you began, "I have something to tell you. All of you."

"You finally going to tell us that you've been going out with the Oni this whole time?" Taeyong spat out, wholly catching you off-guard.

"How did you—"

"I know what he smells like, Y/N. And you've come home reeking of him more times than I can count."

Sicheng's eyes widened as he seemed to be trying to process this, betrayal in his voice, "You've been going on dates with—"

"Qian Kun," you confirmed. "Yes, I'm dating him."

"Y/N—"

"I know you don't like Oni, Sicheng, but—"

"It's not that I 'don't like' ogres, Y/N."

"Then what is it? Sicheng—"

"I despise them."

"Why? I'm trying to understand you here," you pleaded with your friend, wanting nothing more than for all the important people in your life to get along. Or at least not hate each other.