kun [twenty-three]

You felt a little guilty. After all, today was one of the rare days that Jaehyun got to do a lecture as a TA, and he seemed so excited about the subject, an Edgar Allan Poe work. You weren't even concentrating well enough to know the name of the work. Mark hadn't been in your class that morning, and you hoped it was because he'd gotten a cold or something, and not that he was back at the shrine trying to summon the mega-wraith again. Even if your mind was drifting, you'd usually have taken some cursory notes to distract yourself, but no, your focus was on your phone in your lap, where you were texting Kun from.

[kun: Are you sure you don't want me there? Work is nowhere near as important as you being safe]

[you: he's not even in class today]

[kun: Oh, so you're not talking to him at all today, then?]

[you: no, ten does research in the same building as my chem class, im gonna ask him about where mark is]

[kun: I really don't like the idea of you talking to the Jorogumo by yourself, we don't know anything about him]

[you: i know he's fucking weird, he's a spider who experiments on spiders in the entomology department]

[kun: Dear god, he sounds like a psychopath]

[you: i'll be fine, kun, and if im not, youre at the top of my 'cry for help' list]

[kun: That's not as reassuring as I think you meant it to be]

[you: sorry, sorry]

[you: don't you have super important work to be doing?]

[kun: Unfortunately I have a meeting in a few minutes with my father]

[you: oh good luck with that!]

[kun: Good luck with talking to Ten later, let me know how it goes, okay?]

[you: you'll be the first person i tell, promise]

[kun: Fine, be safe, I'll see you later?]

[you: no patrol tonight so we can do dinner or something]

[kun: I'll cook for you again]

[you: i'd love that]

[kun: Then it's a date]

[you: it's a date!]

[kun: Oh, and have you started packing for Greece yet?]

[you: no, im a little busy with studying]

[you: also don't you have a meeting like right now???]

[kun: Now I do, bye!]

[you: can't believe i ever thought you were an intimidating serious businessman]

He didn't read it, and you figured he'd turned his phone off to actually begin his meeting, which you were fine with. He was supposed to be working, not worrying sick about you, or playfully nagging you to pack for your trip. When you looked up from your phone, you saw Jaehyun closing out his powerpoint, and all of your classmates packing up and leaving the classroom. You hurried to do the same, putting away the notebook and pencil you hadn't even touched after half-assedly writing the date at the top of a fresh sheet. Which was still blank.

Slinging your backpack over your shoulder, you were barely out of your seat when Jaehyun called your name from the front. You detoured to see your friend, nodding politely to your professor seated at his desk in the corner, who had been grading papers the whole time while Jaehyun was lecturing.

"Well? How was it?" Jaehyun asked you hopefully, and you froze.

"Oh, uh, it was great, Jae!" You lied, feeling very guilty now that you were having to fib to your friend. "You're going to be an awesome professor one day, seriously!"

He was grinning brightly as he tucked his laptop into his shoulder bag, "Thanks, Y/N!"

"Of course," you smiled back, fingernails tapping along your phone case.

Jaehyun started towards the door, and you joined him, both of you giving your professor a farewell on your way out.

"So how are you and Kun?" Your friend began a new conversation, elbowing you teasingly.

"Oh, we're really good," you couldn't suppress your literally lovestruck grin when you thought of your boyfriend. "After finals next week, we're going a trip, actually!"

"Where?"

"Greece, for two weeks."

"Wow, that sounds awesome, Y/N."

"Yeah, I'm really excited. I've already got a whole list of things that I want to do."

"I hope you have a lot of fun," he wished you well sincerely, holding open the door for you to leave the building. "Where are you headed now?"

You jerked your head towards the direction of the library, "Studying in the library. You know, finals and everything."

"Ah, good luck with that! I'm getting breakfast now."

"Have fun with that, Jae! I'll see you around!" You waved goodbye to him as the two of you broke off, him for the dining hall, and you for the library.

"Bye, Y/N!"