kun [eight]

You got onto Bell Street a little earlier than five and decided to pop into your parents' shop. They took Fridays off early, so unless there were customers, you knew that it'd just be Sicheng inside. You'd told Taeyong to go on ahead to the café while you grabbed the Mizuchi dragon. The bell above the teal door rang, causing Sicheng to snap his head up from where he was doing his final tally of the cash register.

"Hey, Y/N," he greeted you, returning to his task at hand.

"Hey, Sicheng."

"I'll be there in just a minute. I've got to count this then I'm locking up for the day."

"Can I see it?"

"What?"

"The bond mark."

"Oh, of course," he paused his counting to turn, pulling down the collar of his shirt to reveal the whole lotus blossom. "I'm one of yours, Y/N."

"That's... awesome," you breathed out, jaw dropped slightly as you scanned over the mark.

Sicheng had a bashful smile on his face as he released his shirt, turned back to face you, and continued his task at hand.

Memories of the last couple times you were in the shop came to mind, and you decided to ask, "So have you guys been able to find the first edition Don Quixote?"

"No, and as far as I'm concerned, I hope we never do," Sicheng grumbled, beginning to put the money back. "The less ogres I have to deal with the better."

"Oh."

He continued in a mumble as if he were mostly talking to himself than you, "Although I suppose he'd probably send his assistant to come pick it up, however, I don't have much more respect for someone who works for Oni either."

Yikes.

Sicheng came around the counter, ushering you towards the door. You left the shop, waiting for him as he locked it behind the two of you. Both you and Sicheng were quiet as you walked the short distance between Bibliophile Books and Lenticular Café.

At the café, the closed sign had been flipped around, and the only people inside were the two who lived there and Taeyong. Johnny stood to greet you, and you eagerly accepted his hug. Breaking away from him, you pointed to him and Renjun, "Let me see 'em! Show me your bond marks!"

They looked to Sicheng for a moment, to which the Mizuchi dragon shrugged, "She made me show mine off too."

With a chuckle, Johnny obliged, and Renjun begrudgingly did so as well. Excitement buzzed in your veins as you saw the matching symbols.

"Sorry if I'm being weird! This is just so cool!"

"Glad you think so, little lady."

"You are fucking weird," Renjun rolled his eyes.

Before you or Johnny could say something, the front door opened again, and Jeno came through. Already yawning, of course. He didn't give out any greetings, instead immediately making a beeline for a booth. As he walked by you, your eyes noticed something on the back of his neck.

"Stop!" You ordered, grabbing his elbow.

He tried to turn to scowl at you, but you held onto his shoulder to keep him facing away from you, yanking his hoodie down.

"You're one of my Ayakashi!" You exclaimed before spinning him around for the others to see.

"Yeah, didn't I say that?" Jeno retorted, finally shaking you off to reach his intended destination, flopping onto the booth's bench.