10

When Anneli awoke, she was in the same position from last night, guessing she had passed out after their chat. Her legs were still hanging off the end of the bed, and she was sideways on the mattress, but the half of the blanket she wasn't lying on had been folded to cover her - which she really wasn't expecting.

Getting up properly, she made it her mission to find her new partner in crime - and did so by roaming the house and asking anyone who she came across.

Everyone said they had no idea except for Klaus, who was quick to fret over her like a very concerned mother hen when he heard the news about her bullet wound.

"I am perfectly fine," she protested for the tenth time.

"Yeah, and I'm sober."

Thinking back on it, she smiled. But after Klauses concern, he had wrapped her in a hug and insisted she eat something for breakfast. She hadn't the energy to argue, so gratefully accepted the food Grace prepared for them and sat quietly, wondering what that day was going to bring; Trouble seemed the most likely option.

Klaus had gifted her his knowledge on the whereabouts of Five, which actually wasn't much, considering he'd climbed out a window and stole a maintenance van while denying Klaus the opportunity to 'help.'

Eventually after having a shower she changed into some much more comfortable clothes. The thought of getting her arms through the sleeves of another dress was immediately shut down, so she'd stolen a black sweater with a random logo on the front from Klaus and tucked it into some jeans, tucking the longer parts of her hair behind her ears. She was tired and couldn't be bothered to wear her usual bright clothes, so when Klaus saw her he'd wolf whistled playfully and she'd smacked him round the head with her good arm.

Something in her gut told her Five would be going back to the Meritech building to search for more clues, but she wasn't sure if she had the patience to sit alone with him while waiting for hours on end. He was proving himself to be not as bad as she thought, admittedly, but she had no idea what he thought of her and their constant back and forths of insults and sarcasm seemed endless.

Did that make them friends? Who knew. Anneli, for once, had no idea. But they hadn't killed eachother yet, so it was going good in her books!

It was a bit of a walk from the academy to the meritech place. He could have woken her up and given her a ride, but no, he left her at the academy and didn't include her. Something she was definitely not bitter about.

Something in her gut told her she needed to make her mind up soon, but her unease made her even more indecisive. There wasn't much to do either way, so eventually she decided that a walk would do her good so set out well into midday, trying to ignore the ache in her shoulder, or the sting as even the slightest brush of fabric over the gauze sent pain through her arm.