2:5

Anneli flinched at the 'whoosh' sound in front of her and turned away from where she knew he was immediately, covering her blotchy face and red eyes with her sleeves.

"Why don't you listen to me-" she cried in frustration, shoving his hand away from her shoulder, frightened of the touch.

Her eyes met his and he looked uncomfortable seeing her like this. He carefully pulled her to him and for once she didn't have the energy to fight, collapsing into his side and clutching her chest like her heart would explode out of her chest.

"I hate you."

She cried into his sleeve as he had his arms around her, holding her half in his lap and determined to not let go.

"I thought you said you didn't." He reminded her lightly, unsure what else to say. There were no words in the world that could make her feel better right now.

She stayed quiet and he knew she was seriously hurting because the old Anneli would have snapped back at him something sarcastic or in Norwegian; both would have comforted him. He pushed away that thought.

"I can't keep doing this," she closed her eyes tightly, trying to catch her breath. Her mind focused on the warm arms around her to calm herself down and she gripped his wrist in a trembling grip. "I can't- i can't-"

"Take a deep breath." He told her softly.

She pressed her lips together and tried to do as he said but it felt like her chest was being crushed by an anvil.

He wanted to say so many things, he wanted to help. In reality he knew there was nothing he could say to comfort her because he simply had no idea of what she went through - her powers were a curse on her life.

She saw death and things that no single soul should ever have to see in their lifetime and Anneli had lived more than one lifetime just as he had. In truth he had no clue what he could say or do.

"It's a curse by the devil, Annelina."

Her mothers voice rang bitterly in her mind.

"You must renounce this power. Give it up, never use it."

She wanted to scream at her mother, "tell me how, then!"

And Little Anneli had cried, "but I don't know how, mama."

"It is your sin you must redeem yourself from. Your own doing."

Five just held onto her as she shattered, and he would continue to do so as she pieced herself back together, and he would do what he could to keep her from destroying herself by being the glue holding her pieces if he had to. It was what he was willing to do now he knew all the lengths she had gone through to help him when she had no reason to.

He didn't know what he would do if he had her abilities and in truth he had no clue how she handled it. It made sense that this breakdown would eventually happen.

Her crying subsided after a long while and neither knew how much time had passed before she had stopped shaking like a leaf. She was just leant against his side, their backs against the wall, his legs outstretched and hers bunched to her chest.

"I can't keep doing this." She spoked numbly, staring at the wall opposite until her eyes stung.

"You can." He said certainly.

"How can you be so sure?"

He glanced at her from the side and mulled over his words before saying fuck it and just speaking his mind. "Because you're probably the strongest person I've ever met."