2:4

Anneli felt like there was a weight dragging her limbs down, tethering her to the cold, hard floorboards.

She shifted, a dull ache forming in her back and neck from the hard surface she had slept on, and she slowly pushed herself up to a sitting position, eyes opening. A blanket fell into her lap from her shoulders and she frowned in confusion, touching the soft fabric that she had no memory of getting. It was a rusty orange and soft, brand new if she had to guess.

It hadn't come from her apartment and she stared at it in her hands for a long moment, trying to rack her brain into concious thought. She felt heavy, her mind foggy from the pills still in her system, head pounding in pain.

She stood and dragged the blanket with her, certain she didn't own it before last night - not bothered that it was dragging across the floor behind her as she entered her living room. She rubbed her tired eyes and went through to the kitchen before pausing suddenly and backtracking.

She was sure she had seen something odd, something out of place - her jaw dropped when she stopped in front of the couch.

Yes, something was definitely off.

Anneli stared, unsure if what she was seeing was real and blinked a few more times. Her head tilted to the side and hair fell into her face, which she pushed back behind her ear.

There was a person on her couch.

Not just any person, but the one she had been waiting for for quite a while. Years, to be exact. And he was here. Asleep on her couch.

Anneli was so confused.

Five Hargreeves was sleeping on her couch.

He had the exact same uniform on that she remembered, knee high socks, tie and all. He looked practically the same as when she last saw him, except he had a frown line on his brow even in sleep. He was curled up on his side, arm bent under his head, the other hanging across his side.

Anneli narrowed her eyes at him as though her stare would wake him up, and she genuinely considered pouring water on him to get the job done.

She turned to look at her wall where some of her notes had been messed with, moved or pulled from the wall and placed onto the low table. Even her messy, now dried, crumpled papers that she'd dumped on her floor had been picked up - but even she couldnt make sense of the way the ink had ran from the water damage.

Anneli glared down at the sleeping boy, an unknown swirl of emotions hitting her all of a sudden, and in her half asleep state she dropped the blanket and went to her kitchen. She grabbed a glass and filled it to the brim with water.

When she came back, he hadn't moved a muscle and she briefly wondered when the last time he'd had rest was.

Her chest ached, but she had already made her decision.

Anneli poured the cold water in his face.

He jolted up with a spluttered cough, covering his face and standing abruptly.

She stepped back with a blank expression and watched him try to wipe his face and push his now wet hair back with a frustrated expression.

"What the hell-"

He caught sight of her and froze, droplets of water running down his jacket.

"Was that necessary?" He hissed, scanning her up and down and fixing on her glossy eyes.

She stared at him blankly for a moment, shrugged, and let go of the glass. Instead of dropping, she used her telekinesis to float it down onto the coffee table. Fingers twitching, she crossed her arms.