2:6

Anneli was highly uncomfortable sitting in one of the meeting rooms of the psychiatric hospital; before she had given it no thought but walking through the halls and hearing distant shouting and crazed muttering had made her realise she really didn't want to be there.

Maybe it was the voice at the back of her mind telling her this was where she belonged. The fact that if any of these staff members saw her in the middle of a vision or some kind of crazed breakdown she couldn't control, she could just as easily be taken away and locked up.

If Five noticed her discomfort she was glad he didn't mention it. She knew he probably noticed her hand constantly prodding her temple and it didn't take a genius to guess she was getting a headache. Not a normal one, but a sinus type one that burned the backs of her eyes and made her want to slam her head against a wall if it wouldn't stop.

When Diego walked in he was not only astounded to see his brother, but the familiar girl sitting next to him that he didn't expect to see ever again, if he was honest.

"Son of a bitch..." his hair was longer and wavy, and he'd grown some facial hair in his time spent away. Honestly, it looked good on him.

"Hi Diego." Five smiled blankly. "You look good in white."

Diego's eyes switch between the two. "I don't remember taking her with us." He nodded to Anneli, who put her head in her arms on the table and waved silently.

She decided to let them do the talking, but the more they spoke, the worse her headache grew. He briefly explained her helping, then the apocalypse they brought with them, then Diego's obsession with being a hero.

It got to the point where their sarcasm and hissing grew too much for her delicate ears and she suddenly lifted her head up, chair scraping back abruptly.

She placed her hand on Fives arm as she went to leave. "I'll be back." She murmured absently, and the two watched her strangely as she exited the room.

Now she was gone, Diego asked the question he had been waiting to. "You two seem awfully friendly. I thought we didn't trust her." He teased, sitting back and crossing his arms.

Five stayed serious. "Yeah well now I know the truth. Shes trustworthy. She's helping."

Diego simply nodded, keeping his thoughts to himself.

Anneli wandered slowly towards the exit, passing the grey walls and a few hospital like rooms with large windows. They all had thick locks on. She stared down the end of the hall, only tearing her eyes away as the room on her left caught her attention when a staff member exited, wiping blood off of their hands onto a cloth. They looked like a surgeon. Well, she hoped they were.

She didn't know why but her eyes seemed drawn to the half open blinds in the window. Checking no one else was around, she peered inside curiously.

What she found only made her want to leave more.

A woman strapped to a hospital bed sat in the room, probably unconcious. Unmoving. The disturbing part was the white pads of cotton over each eye wrapped with bandage around her head, spotted with blood in the centres.

Anneli, transfixed, swallowed and stepped back, unsure why she was looking. She was just leaving. Why did she have to stop?

She eyed the woman with slight interest, curious only as to how she got her injuries. Her mind rationalised everything, telling her she needed surgery, had a problem with her sight or was injured horribly and she'd had a procedure to correct them.

Maybe a small part of her knew better, but the childlike part of her wanted to remain naive and ignore the haunted truth right in front of her. The woman was in a mental institution for a reason.