2:2

"When you gonna do that fortune telling thing again? It was a hit!" Hugh, her boss exclaimed as she made some drinks for Ruby to take out to customers not currently dancing.

She corrected him meekly. "Tarot readings... and I was just messing around with that stuff." She shrugged it off.

"You kidding me? You scared that cat lady half to death - never saw her again after you told her old Mittens was dead-"

"-I said sick, it was just-" she tried to defend herself weakly, putting a glass down and sending him a look.

"-whatever it was, it was brilliant. You should do it again. I'll set you up a table, sign and everything." He continued, patting her on the back. "Think about it, kid. Whatever you got, it's talent."

Her mothers voice rang in her skull, sharp, like a slap in the face.

"It's not something to be pleased about, Annelina, wipe that smile off of your face! It's not a gift or some miracle, it's a curse."

She bit her tongue, flashing him a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. "Sure."

Just to keep him happy and paying her each month. (And because he didn't care for her excuse about her apartment flooding, and just let her carry on even though she was half an hour late.)

Anneli turned with a tray of drinks in hand, skating inbetween tables expertly, just like she had done hundreds of times before.

Shs kept her eyes on the table ahead of her when a blinding white flash made her falter and squeeze her eyes shut.

When she reopened them in a panic, she suddenly wasn't in the bar any more.

She could feel the air on her skin and blinked in surprise, shielding her face from the low sun with her now empty hand.

She knew where she was. She was in the alley, the one where the Hargreeves had all appeared in the new timeline, and where she had too.

A feeling of trepidation settled in her stomach as she gazed at the empty alley way, eyes flickering up at subtle movement in a window above.

Elliot.

She knew the mans name. She had his stores phone number. They'd talked quite a few times.

She knew he had seen the odd appearances and had snuck into his apartment once (nearly giving him a heart attack) while staring in astonishment at his work. The tabs he had kept on all of them. He had given her a lot of information that kept her in the loop with everyone, and in return she would stick flyers for his radio store up outside the roller rink windows.

The blinds shifted and she stepped back, looking up in confusion.

This was usually the part of the vision where a body fell from the sky.

One unlucky time she recalled the chilling feeling of Klaus Hargreeves falling right through her. She'd been in shock for hours and threw up the next morning, uncontrollably shaking.

She quickly backed up to the entrance of the alley just in case, not wanting to ever feel that again.

A tugging feeling in her mind, like it was pulling her forward made bile rose in her throat. She covered her mouth, the sun disappearing and turning dark, clouds pulling across the sky like curtains.

Thunder cracked and she span around, expecting to walk out onto the street but the scene changed as fast as she could blinked.

Rain lashed against her skin so hard she could have sworn it was real - the chill set into her bones and her breaths came out in uncontrollable gasps, freezing her to the bone.