12

Waking up to the world moving around her was a strange feeling for Anneli

Waking up to the world moving around her was a strange feeling for Anneli. Someone was carrying her bridal style and she barely had the energy to open her eyes.

"My place is closer. No one will look for him there." The voice came from the person holding her and she blearily opened her eyes to focus on the face above her.

She blinked in confusion as Diego spotted her movement. "Great, sleeping beauty is awake."

"If you vomit on me..." Luthers voice alerted her to the figure behind Diego, carrying what she assumed to be Five.

"Oh, there he is..." She muttered to herself, slumping her head back against Diego's arm.

"You know what's funny? I'm going through puberty. Twice!" Five laughed to himself and she almost smiled, but her head was pounding and she now regretted all the drinking they did together.

Well, not ALL of it.

"Care to eplain how it is you two were huddled together like some lovebirds in there, but when you first met you literally tried to kill eachother?" Diego questioned from above her.

Anneli waved a hand in the air dismissively. "We're passed that, we've grown as people," she snorted and grinned. "Well... not physically."

"We drank that whole bottle... that's what you do when the world you love goes bye bye!" Five muttered to himself, and she kept her eyes closed, not wanting to be reminded of the reason they had started drinking in the first place. He changed the subject. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Two masked intruders attacked the academy last night," Luther replied.

"They came looking for you." The other man spoke irritably.

She murmured a slurred, "Where's Klaus?"

"Hazel and Cha-Cha."

"Who?"

"The best of the best! Except for me, of course." Five exclaimed drunkenly.

"Diego," she swallowed down her nausia at the motion of her being carried. He looked down at her. "Is Klaus- uh, is he at the academy?"

"How should I know? He's a grown man, he van handle himself."

The girl closed her eyes in a deep frown. "No," she whispered absently. "He can't."

Anneli tuned out the rest of the conversation as they grilled Five for answers, frowning when the pain in her head increased tenfold but for another reason.

She practically passed out again just as Five vomited all over Luthers shoes.

When she prised her eyes open, everything around her was dark and silent.

Or it was, until it wasn't.

A sickly sweet voice made her spin around. There was a weight in her hand and when she looked, there was a gun in her grasp, but for the life of her she could not recall how she got it. She frowned in confusion, facing the Handler who looked proud, an expression she was not used to seeing on her stern face.