2:1

Cleaning the monstrosity that was her chaotic, tiny apartment turned out to be more than a herculean task; she had been running a bath and time had just gotten away from her and she had sort of fallen asleep on the couch, pencil in hand and a news...

Cleaning the monstrosity that was her chaotic, tiny apartment turned out to be more than a herculean task; she had been running a bath and time had just gotten away from her and she had sort of fallen asleep on the couch, pencil in hand and a newspaper lying across her stomach.

She had only awoken when she heard an angry fist slamming against her door, jolting her out of her nightmare. Heart in her throat, she threw the newspaper at the end of the couch and stood before gasping at the feeling of her socks soaking in luke warm water.

"Jævla helvete..." Anneli rushed to the bathroom through the rather large water puddle trickling out into the hall and now her living room in a panic.

A small scream left her lips as she slipped right at the bathroom doorway, her shin slamming into the doorframe as she landed on her ass.

"Fuck!"

Anneli dragged herself up using the doorframe, trudging through her flooded bathroom to hurriedly switch off the tap in her bath that was filled to the brim and overspilling fast.

Her bath mat was half floating in the solid inch of water across the tiles, along with a few other things.

She put her hands up to the sides of her head, staring at the mess and knowing it was going to be hell to clean up.

Heavy knocks at the door shocked her out of her stare.

This time, the pounding didn't stop, and Anneli grabbed a bunch of towels from one of the shelves and threw them on the floor, attempting to soak up the liquid as best she could.

But the knocking didn't stop.

Gritting her teeth, Anneli got up from her knees and stormed through the hall to her front door, limping on her bad leg as a thick bruise was already appearing, and practically tore the door open.

"What?" She snapped, not caring who it was.

When she saw the alarmed face of her downstairs neighbour, Mrs Kennerly, she mentally swore even more. The older woman pushed her glasses further up the bridge of her nose and scanned her up and down in distaste.

"There is water leaking into my apartment. Are you aware that you've sprung a leak?" She accused aggressively.

Anneli stared at her unblinking, standing there half soaked, hair a mess, and shin killing her. She gripped the door in a white knuckled grip.

"Yes! I am aware, thank you-"

She went to slam the door when the woman slid her shoe into the gap, stopping it, and Anneli nearly screamed in frustration.

"Now, don't be so rude, young lady. Half my bathroom is water damaged because of you!" She pointed at her accusingly.

"Funnily enough, Mrs Kennerly, so is mine," she snapped back, losing her patience with the nit picking woman. "I was trying to fix it before you came along. Now if you don't mind-"