*Chapter 12*

Anria P.O.V.

The next morning I was prepared again by my friends, Edin, Sara and Lia. They were not very happy.
Wouldn't it be hopefully, my parents blame them for my actions. After all, I have done, it was my idea and not theirs. Nor should they be blamed for what I had done.

"Sorry, if you got problems with my ideas I'm sorry. It was all my idea and they shouldn't blame you too what I did," I apologized carefully and I keep my head down.

They said nothing but stood next to me. Edin put a hand on my shoulder and I looked at him. His look gave me a sense of acceptance and his eyes. They looked at me compassionately. Sara and Lia gave me a little nod and I know they accepted my apology.

When they have prepared me I walked downstairs and get into the car. We drove away with 4 cars in a row and my parents are in a car in front of me.

I also didn't expect them to be with me now. My hands started to sweat again and I preen my white dress with blue flowers.

The idea that I'm going to do something stupid is bothering me. But I have to do this. Stefano wanted to show me his apology and not showing up there it makes it even more complicated. Since Stefano informed me yesterday that he had a plan, I haven't heard from him. I think I'll have to wait and see if I get a message from him. After all, they can check my phone and see that Stefano helped me. I think he knew that too.

I looked outside and think about the surprise Danilo has for me.

"Miss, your father told me to tell you that when we arrived at the Vatican, well get a tour and then meet the Pope. At least he'll give the people a speech," Simon explained when he drove.

"Okay, thank you!"

When the car stopped I already hear people cheering and shouting. I get out of the car and do a quick check on my dress and hair and walked to my parents.

"Smile," my father said when I stood next to him and I put on a big smile.

We shook a lot of people hands and walked on.

I looked up admired when I see the huge building. We walked across a large square. A wall has been built around the square with all kinds of tribal images of saints.

"Wow, how beautiful," I mumbled.

We walked on and go to the security gates. Our agents may have to carry a weapon, but you can never be sure that someone will slip through who does not belong here.

Today I wear a dress that fell over my shoulders and knees. That is very important if you go to a church or holy place in Italy.

A man comes up to us and said, "Buon pomeriggio, good afternoon. Welcome to the Vatican. It is an honour for us you're here. I am Savio and Ill give you a tour in the Vatican. After the tour well go to the Pope and after the pope, Mr President can give his speech."

Savio nodded at my dad when he said that.

"Follow me," he commented, and we followed him.

I walked behind my parents, followed by officers. I looked past the building and saw guards that wear clothes in blue and yellow. My teachers in class did tell us about their history. It is a uniform that they used to wear as a soldier in Switzerland. It's very impressive. You have a special name for that.

What was that again?"

Impressive isn't it! The Swiss guards have been protecting the Pope for a long time. Before that, she protected kings and queens. They are fantastic at fighting, they can do a lot with their spear in their hands" Savio assured and winked at me.

"Oh, yes," I mumbled and looked at my bodyguards.

They only have a gun and a knife and that's it. Simon looked at me with a face he suspected what I think and shook his head that it isn't true.

"We are even better than them," he whispered.

I gave him a smile and a face that said 'you say that because it is not true.'

We walked on and entered a large space. The ceiling is full of gold buttons. It is beautiful.

During the tour through the Vatican, Savio talked about the history and how many popes had live here.

When he's done, he said we're going to meet the Pope. I'm excited about it. The pope is such a known person and means so much to people. It's overwhelming to be here.

We'd walk through a long corridor where portraits hang of different saints.

Savio opened a door and my parents and I entered. The Pope sat on a red bench surrounded by other saints.

"Benvenuto," he welcomed us and get up and walked over to my father. They shook hands and smiled at each other.

"Thank you for coming," the Pope cheered in English and smiled at my mom and dad.

The pope looked around and saw me.

"Hello, young lady," the Pope chirped, and I shook his hand.

His blue eyes looked at me piercingly.

"Did you have a good tour?" Pope asked curiously.

"Yes, certainly. It's beautiful and impressive here," I answered enthusiastically.

"She admired the Swiss guards and think they're very cool," my father launched and gave me a wink.

My cheeks become red and I wanted to give him an angry look.

"Oh... yes. They are super cool. They protect me for a long time. There is a long history behind the Swiss guards," the Pope clarified and launched at me.

It was nice to meet you. But the President and I need to speak to each other in private. Excuse us.

My father nodded and kissed me on my forehead. My mom and I followed Savio that brought us to a room where we can eat something.

I grabbed an apple and walked through the room. When would Stefano give me a sign? It is late afternoon.

I need to go to the ladies room to check my hair and makeup. Without a word, I walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" my mother asked behind me with a voice that tells me, please don't be stupid.

"A woman needs to go to the toilet sometimes," I replied and walked out of the door.

I saw a sign earlier that said that a little further is the ladies room. Behind me, I hear footsteps and know that Simon and Theon followed me. When I wanted to walk through the ladies room Theon stopped me.

"Security check.

I turned my eyes. Theon got into the ladies room and a minute later he came back. I walked through the door and closed it quickly.

There's nobody here.

Suddenly my phone started to shake and I looked at my phone. It's Stefano.

Look behind the large plant behind you.

How did he know I'm in the ladies room? Never mind. I don't need to know I said to myself.

I looked behind me and looked behind the plant. There is an air vent. I opened the hatch and saw monk's clothes. I put it on quickly. The clothes fell to my ankles and I put on the hood. Then I opened the hatch and climb through it.

Stefano didn't send too many messages because the Secret service can find out hed help me. I quickly crawl further and further and suddenly stopped when I hear a loud noise. The sound of a door that thrown open and voices.

"Where is she?" Simon asked.

"Search everywhere. Oh... wait. There's a hatch here.

The hatch is being removed and my heart beats fast in my chest.

I can't breathe and say nothing. Could they see me?

And then I heard a voice said, "She's here..."

To be continued...