Chapter 3

A Few Words From The Past

"So you both know each other when you were 7? That's a long time. Levi... why didn't you tell me? She's quite pretty too."

Petra said with a sad smile, feeling slightly jealous. Petra had already told me how she met Levi and how she ended up being with him. For some reason this made my heart ache.

I felt as if I've met her, but it can be Petra just looks like someone I've met before. The three of us just sat on the couch, drinking black tea.

"...It wasn't something that's seemed important, for you to know. Besides, that was a long time ago." Levi replied, looking away from Petra.

Petra just sighed and turned back at me. "You don't mind if you tell me about both of your history and relationship with each other in the past, do you?" Petra asked, turning her head to Estelle, giving her a small fake smile. Petra started regretting, letting this THING inside her apartment.

Well it's not really her's. The bitch don't pay rent, but blahblah whatever. It'll be told later in the story.

"It's nothing interesting. I met him through my mother and we just became friends, hung out sometimes until... Until I moved away." I lied. That isn't how we met at all. Yes, we hung out, but not like normal kids most times. And we didn't meet through my mother at all.

Why did I lie to someone who's very very close to Levi? Well, he told me to. Years back Levi told me to lie if someone in the future ever asked about mine and his past. I promised that and I don't intend on breaking it. It's his choice if he wants to share that information to someone close to him.

Also this light ginger-haired bitch seems suspicious.

I really do feel like I've seen her before and met her in a weird place.

"Oh! That's all? Well, that's good. Ah, I mean- It's great that Levi had a friend in the past." Petra let out a relieved sigh and slouched back on the couch. I yawned and checked the time.

Holy, fuckery. It's almost 7, how the hell did this even happen??? I'm going to be late for my favorite Tv show, NOO!

I sat up and grabbed my bag. "Well, I need to go back. I'll see you two and around quite a lot since we do live in the same apartment. Levi." I turned my head to Levi and stared at him with a soft smile. He stared back confused with a brow raised, his arm rested on the couches frame, and his legs crossed.

I walked towards him and ruffled his hair, then leaning forward, close to his ear. "It was nice finally seeing you again. Oh. Don't blame yourself, alright? I can see the regret in your eyes." I whispered into his ear. I stood straight and waved bye to the other while walking out and upstairs to my own place.

Once I enter I shower, change, brush my hair and style it in a braid, cook, eat and watch some anime shiiit, wash the dishes, brush my teeth, turn my alarm on and drop myself onto my bed.

So. Levi has a girlfriend. That's great, I guess... I don't even know if I still. Like him or not. But honestly. She looked so similar, but I can't put my finger on it. It's getting on my nerves.

~~~~~~~~~~

Levi's 3rd Person P.O.V.

"I can cut your hair for free since I'm a professional!"

Estelle's muffled voice ran through his head as his mind filled with blurry flashbacks of the past. Of the first time they met. She wasn't really a professional. She just so happens to be great at that hairstyle.

"Don't worry, I'll cut your hair exactly how you want it!"

Her younger voice reassured him, giving him a smile and a blurry vision of her holding scissors and a brush. 

"See, I told you!"

She laughed as she pointed at younger Levi's freshly cut, undercut. She cut it exactly how his mother did the first time.

"Levi."

Younger Levi started sobbing as he stared at his haircut in the mirror.

"Stay strong."

"For her."

Younger Estelle hugged him. Younger Levi just sobbed into her shoulder, hugging her back and not caring about anything else.

Levi was staring at an old picture of the two that Kenny took of them, a month after he met the girl. Levi just sat at the edge of his bed, admiring her smile, despite what she had told him all those years back before she met him.

Petra slept on the same bed. They had a small argument earlier, but he finally got her to let the subject go of his and Estelle's relationship in the past and now.

"My parents? Oh. They. They were murdered two months back... But at least their living happily in heaven! They don't have to stress anymore!"

Younger Estelle changed from a depressing frown to a fake smile as she hugged Levi out of nowhere.

In the picture though. He knew that that smile she had on that day was real. It wasn't a fake smile that she would most times have plastered on her face, but a genuine smile. Even Levi had a small smile on his face in the picture.

She had her right hand on his shoulder as she stood on his left while her left hand was held up to her chest in a thumbs up and a genuine smile on her face.

Levi stood there with his left hand in his pocket and his right up to his chest with a thumbs up as well and a slightly visible smile.

Levi has kept that picture for years. He never lost it, but also never left it behind. He always had it on him, everywhere he went. During his teenage years, during the years he was solo, during the years he met Isabel and Farlan, during his singing career, during his work as a teacher and still up to now.

He should've known she wasn't dead. Because she's told him this over and over.

"I won't ever die! Not until you accept my love, you short raven-haired boy! After that, the only way I will die is of old age! Haha!"

Levi smiled at her words. She was so open about having a crush on him, but the two never became a thing. Why? I mean Levi loved her as well, so why would he say no?

He was scared that he might lose her someday and it'll affect him even worse if they were together. Yet he still lost her.

He doesn't know how he feels about her now, that he knows she's alive.

But she doesn't know either.