Chapter 22

She's Different

"Eren. I brought a friend that will stay here for a while." My father told me with a smile on his face. "Please be nice to her."

I scoffed, as I turned my head away. "Only if she's nice to me, herself." My dad chuckled as he ruffled my hair which always annoyed me. I shoved his arm away and followed him back home.

Once we arrived, I was greeted by my mother drowning me in kisses. "S-Stop!" I frowned.

"Hun. Can you please get our new guest?" My dad asked as he placed his hat away.

My mother nodded and ran off to an extra room we had in the house. A minute later she came out with someone else.

She had brown wavy hair that just barely reached down to her shoulders. Amazing hazel eyes that hide sorrow deep inside. Her facial expression was soft. She seems so kind like she wouldn't even hurt a fly.

Limestone skin that looked incredibly soft. She was probably around 165 cm tall. She wore a loose, long-sleeve, buttoned, white plain shirt that tucked into her long beige skirt that stopped at her ankles.

"Eren. This is Estelle. She'll be staying with us, while I care for her wounds." My dad explained. I looked everywhere on her body, but her hands nor face seemed injured. Her face was slightly scratched, but nothing more.

I don't know why, but I immediately walked over to her, grabbing her wrist and dragged her towards the door. "Eren where are you taking her?" My mom asked with worry in her voice.

"Uh- To meet Armin," I answered as I opened the door. She halted and I turned, giving her a confused look.

"I have to put on shoes at least." She chuckled. I looked down at her feet and she only had black socks. So I waited till she slid on a pair of black flat shoes.

Once she did I dragged her out the house and ran towards Armin's house. Halfway there I saw the same old kids. And I knew immediately that they were bullying Armin again.

I let go of Estelle's wrist to go and confront the boys again, but as soon as I did, a gust of wind blew past me. I turned behind me and Estelle wasn't there anymore. So I turned back forward and saw her standing there, holding one of the boys who had blonde spiky hair, by the back of his collar.

I saw her face changed to a cold and pissed off expression. That once innocent soft look she had was completely gone. She whispered something in the boy's ear, turning his expression to such a terrified look, as he started tearing up.

She dropped him, kneeled down, and a faint, "Scram." Flowed out her mouth, her tone was so cold and threatening that it even sent shivers down my spine.

The spiky blonde boy she dropped quickly got up and scurried away with the other two boys following behind, frightened just by her expression and tone of voice.

She stood back up, dusting the dirt off her skirt, she turned towards Armin and held a hand out for him as her free hand was placed on her knees, her body slightly leaned forward. "I'm Estelle. You must be Armin." She smiled gently at him, that once terrifying expression was gone.

Armin slowly nodded as he reached his hand forward, holding her and lifted himself up. "Thank you..." He sniffled as he started wiping his tears away.

She nodded and ruffled his hair. Soon after she did Armin had calmed down and smiled at her. He turned his head towards me and his face turned red in embarrassment.

"E-Eren! How long have you been standing there?!" Armin stuttered.

"Calm down. It's not as if it's new. Uh- This is Estelle." I walked up to him and introduced her.

"Yeah, she told me." He reminded me awkwardly.

"R-Right." I turned my head away, trying to hide the small embarrassment shown on my face. "She- She's going to be staying at my house for a while so I wanted you two, to meet," I explained turning my head back and scratching the back of my head.

"So that's why you knew my name?" Armin asked, turning towards Estelle.

"Just your name. Knowing who you were was just a guess." She chuckled.

"You looked pretty cool a while ago..." I mumbled, my head lowered, trying to hide my blush.

"Thanks." She ruffled my hair. Usually, I would become annoyed whenever anyone did that, but when it came to her. I just let it happen.

She- She's different.

~~~~~~~~End Of Flashback~~~~~~~~

"Estelle!" I checked all around her apartment, but she wasn't anywhere.

I tried catching my breath. I ran all the way here with Levi. He somehow had an extra key to this apartment, but I didn't care to question him.

Estelle hasn't answered her phone all day. I had to sit in class for hours until I could leave. I started- no. I feel distressed.

This isn't like her. Where is she? Why won't she answer her phone? What happened? Is she okay? Is she hurt?

"Where the hell is she?!" I turned and looked at Levi who had a pissed off look on his face, but I could tell he was more worried than me.

We've already asked the people around the apartment. Oluo, Eld, Gunther, and other people who lived in this apartment. All of them had no idea where she was.

"Maybe there are traces of her left outside," I suggested as I ran out the apartment, not giving Levi a chance to respond.

I looked all around the apartment outside, but nothing. So I walked down the sidewalk and searched for maybe drops of blood.

Levi ran past me and stopped a few feet away from me. He was crouched down and seemed to be staring at something.

"What is it??" I questioned running towards him and stopping beside him.

He looked up at me and pointed at a single blue bellflower that stuck out between the crack of the sidewalk. It flowed to the left, despite there being no wind, it basically pointed at the field of trees that led to nowhere.

I stared at him confused and annoyed. "We don't have time for a stupid flower!" I yelled.

He stood and flicked my forehead. "Shut the hell up, idiot." He muttered threateningly. "Estelle told me something once." He looked down at the flower.

He stood there for a few seconds before walking into the field of trees. I looked at him confused then back at the flower. I groaned in annoyance as I followed behind him.

What does that flower have to do with Estelle?