Chapter 19

Flashback/Dream

Estelle, Kenny, and I were eating out in a small restaurant. I kept getting stares, but I could care less. Now, why the hell were they staring at me? Well...

"Why do they keep staring at us? More specifically, Levi." Estelle asked in a low voice to Kenny.

"The kid is mostly boney. I guess that's somewhat normal down here, but this is the best place down here. Though how the hell did you get the money to eat here?" Kenny explained then asked, Estelle.

"None of your business old man!" Estelle turned her head away from Kenny.

"Hey! I ain't old at all! I'm in my mid 20's!" Kenny responded annoyingly.

"That's pretty old if you tell me." Estelle turn her head towards him and gave him a smug smile.

"..."

"Damn you kid!" Kenny and Estelle started fighting like two idiot kids, getting the attention of everyone in the place.

Two months after I met Estelle. That's how long it's been. A month after we met, she started muttering something weird to herself with red cheeks. Of course, I could hear it every time.

"Hey! You two! Enough with the fighting! Put the knives down!" Probably the manager of the place came over and tried stopping the two.

Estelle has Kenny pinned with her foot, kneeled down, with her blade knife in her hand on his neck, her other holding his wrist that was close to her neck. Kenny has his dagger on her neck with his other gripped on her wrist that held the knife.

An 8 old girl and a 20 something-year-old man fighting. The old man losing. "Let's go," I muttered in slight annoyance, getting up from my seat. I glanced at them as they stared at me blankly.

Estelle stood up and slipped her blade knife back in her case. She took out a simple 50 bucks, dumping it on the table, taking my own dinner that I didn't really eat, and walked out beside me with Kenny walking behind us.

Once we made it back home, Estelle immediately pushed me onto the couch and placed the food from the restaurant on the coffee table. She walked across from me, stood there with her hands on her hips, and stared at me with a glare that wasn't terrifying at all.

"Eat." She demanded as I glanced down at the food. She's done this millions of times whenever I didn't eat at least half of my food. I sighed and took a bit out of a rice ball.

"Not bad..."

I thought as I continued eating. I glanced up at Estelle and she was still standing there and staring at me. She looked as if she was staring at a fluffy-looking puppy. "Quit staring, creep."

She flinched and started apologizing repeatedly. A small smile appeared on my lips and that caught her attention. Her eyes lit up as she leaned forward with her hands slammed on the table.

"I'm gonna marry your one day, Levi!" She declared proudly, catching me off guard. My cheeks slightly warmed up and I could tell I was blushing. She's muttered this multiple times, but I never expected her to say it out loud.

"What an idiot."

I thought, giving her a small smile, gaining a smile in return.

~~~~~~~~End Of Flashback~~~~~~~~

I slowly opened my eyes, soon enough covering them due to the sunlight burning my fucking eyes.

"Tch. I really need to buy some curtains." I noted, sitting up. I turned my head to the left, seeing a served plate with eggs and rice as well as a cup of water with ice.

I soon noticed a folded note next to it with writing. I reached my hand out, grabbing the note and started reading it.

"Morning, bed hair! I made breakfast for you, obviously. Ain't cha' proud? I fixed both your doors, but please don't kill me for breaking them. :'D I left to work and decided not to wake you since I'm pretty sure you'll be up early. You slept quite well before I left, didn't have a nightmare. That's great, right! Anyway wake up sleepy head and get to work.

-The one and only, Estelle.👏•3•"

"...No nightmares, huh?" I questioningly muttered to myself, slightly surprised. "I should start getting dressed before those bratty students start complaining about me being 'late.' "

~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~

I walked towards my class only being about a minute or more late and saw way more students outside than my usual number of first-period students. I walked up to one of the brats, Armin, and tapped him on the shoulder since he was talking to a friend.

"Oi. What the hell is going on here?" I questioned with an annoyed look, making him flinch.

"...Sir, uh. Ms. Estelle isn't here yet, so— we were asked by Mr. Smith to just wait here." Armin answered nervously.

"Huh?" I gave him an even annoyed and confused look, making him back away. Eren walked in front of his friend, who was the last kid I wanted to see.

"We were guessing she was with you. You didn't hurt her did you...?" Eren asked, glaring at me, but it had no effect.

"Tch. Of course not." I clicked my tongue, turning and unlocking my class door, entering and letting the students from Social Studies and my own first-period students enter.

The first period students sat in their seats while my second-period students stood near the wall. I grabbed the class phone, called the office, and was answered by none other than Erwin Smith himself.

"Where the hell is Estelle?" I asked,  toed furrowed as I stood behind my desk.

"Levi? I'm not sure. I was roaming the school, soon seeing the students for Ms. Scavo's first-period class standing there. I asked them why they weren't in their class and they all said the same thing. Ms. Estelle wasn't there yet. So I sent them to you till she makes it." Erwin explained truthfully.

She said she left and I'm sure she went straight here. Did she get lost? No, she's an idiot, but not that much of an idiot.

Where the hell is she?