Chapter 16

Levi

"...Eren... How long have you been standing there..?" I asked worriedly.

Eren just turns his head and covers his face with his hands, trying to hide his flustered face.  Levi clicked his tongue and pushed Eren completely out and closed the door behind him, leaving me confused and worried, inside the class.

That kid is so dead...

~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~

I had gotten out at the same time as Levi. I could have left earlier, but I decided to wait for him. So at the moment, we're walking beside each other.

I can see from a distance, two people. Petra and some other person. A guy? Girl? Who cares. I glance over at Levi and his eyes were staring directly at Petra.

Seems he still had feelings for her. Of course. He can't just get over someone that easily.

"You wanna stay at mine, till they leave?" I asked. He nodded and I slightly smiled. Once we got there I noticed Petra staring at us in surprise and guilt. I ignore her, grabbing Levi's wrist and pulling him inside and upstairs.

I unlock the door and enter, taking my shoes off at the entrance. I'm greeted by no other than raven himself. I crouch down and pet him making him start to faintly purr.

"You got a cat?" Levi asked kneeling down and staring at the black-furred cat.

"It's mostly my cousins. She asked me to watch over him while she was gone and I didn't mind at all. You think he'll like you?" I asked, raising a brow and giving him a smirk.

"How should I know?" He replied with another question. I chuckled and stopped petting the cat, letting him finally meet Levi.

They both stare at each other for a few seconds before raven goes up to him and starts rubbing itself all over him, which confuses the fuck outta Levi.

"Oo-la-la~ He's claiming you too." I teased with a smirk. He glanced at me and clicks his tongue. He pets raven and it seems they both don't mind each other.

I stand up and walk to my bedroom telling Levi to make himself at him while I change. I close my bedroom door, taking out an oversized black T-shirt that said,
"Relationship Status:" Then has three checkboxes with the last checked. The words from top to bottom said.
"Single
Taken
Idk Cursed Or Something" oh, and black shorts with white stripes at the side.

DAYM! I'm so sexy lookin' maaan.
...
Holy shit where did I gain all that confidence from?

I chuckled, as I walked out and saw Levi sitting on the seat at the table, with raven on his lap looking relaxed as fuuuuck.

Wonder if he guessed I named the cat myself. Raven reminded me a bit of Levi. Their both just big softies in reality.

"You want black tea?" I asked, walking over to the cabinet and taking out a box that had 9 packs of black tea left.

"I thought you didn't like black tea?" He raised a brow, as I took out two packs and two teacups.

"Give me a break. My taste in drinks changed." I said awkwardly as I filled a kettle with water and placing it on the stove, turning it on.

I could feel his judgment stare, but soon it faded. A few seconds of silence until Levi finally broke it. "...How'd you survive?" I raised my head from looking down at the kettle, turning my body and faced him.

"Not sure. The last thing I remember is getting shot near the chest and finally blacking out. Then I woke up in a hospital." I answered truthfully.

"So that's why I couldn't find you." He commented as he looked back down at the black-furred, sleeping cat.

"What... What happened while I was gone? What did you do afterward?" I asked, continuing to stare at him.

"I wiped out all those men who were after us. I continued to live in the same house and met two people during the years I was down there." Levi answered while petting raven.

"Isabel and Farlan. Right?" He lifted his head and looked at me slightly surprised. "Hange told me," I answered before he asked.

"..."

"I bet they were amazing." I smiled at the thought that, there were two people who were there for Levi.

"They were. I blame my-"

"Shut up..." I lowered my head and clenched my fist as my body leaned on the counter.

"What?" I heard Levi question with slight annoyance in his voice.

"I said shut up... Don't you dare finish that sentence!" I lifted my head and jolted forward. My brows tense, my fist clenched and my teeth gritted.

He just stared confused and surprised. Of course, he would be. In all the years we lived together I only acted like this once or twice. But...

I hate it when he starts blaming himself for things like this...

"Don't you, dare blame yourself...! Blame the one who killed them." My voice cracked halfway as my breath hitched.

"Tch. You have no idea how I felt that day. Knowing two of my close friends died because I was stupid enough to leave my phone behind. If I had just-"

"Shut the fuck up! Just. Listen..." I had gripped his shirt and lifted him from the couch, the cat jumping off and backed away, watching from afar.

I don't know why I was crying when I didn't even know these people. I just hated hearing those words from him. He stared at me slightly wide-eyed till he sighed and nodded.

"I don't know how you felt that day. Hell... I don't even know them. But I for sure as hell know, that it wasn't your fault." I lowered my head as I felt more tears run down my cheeks. I covered my eyes with my hand and gritted my teeth.

"Shit. You've been through so much and yet you've kept it to yourself... So please. Don't..." The kettle whistled as I pulled Levi into a tight hug.

~~~~~~~~~~

Levi's P.O.V.

She pulled me into a tight hug as if she was to let go, I would disappear from her life once again. I wasn't sure if I should say something so I just hugged back.

I felt a warm liquid roll down my cheeks. I realized I was tearing up. I had never cried, knowing it won't do me any good. Actually. I have. But I don't even recall when.

Finally, I realized the whistling kettle and how the cat tried its best to cover its ears from the high pitch noise. "...Brat." She hummed in response. "The kettle."

She jolted up and scurried to the stove, removing the kettle from it and pouring the boiled liquid into the teacups. I glanced over at the cat and finally realized.

This brat named the cat after my hair color.