Chapter 9

No Way in Hell

"Bye Ms. Estelle!"

"We'll miss you!"

"You were an amazing substitute!"

"I hope you substitute again!"

The students said with a happy and sad tone, as they walked out of the class and towards lunch. I waved bye to them with a smile and waited till they all left. Once the last student closed the door behind him, I groaned and slouched on the chair.

Fuck- Being a substitute is hard... Most of the students didn't listen at all because their original teacher wasn't here and I had to keep them slightly entertained so they would listen. Damn. Being a teacher is hard. You can't sound boring or else they won't remember a single shit you said, but you can't be too goofy or they'll get off-topic.

I thought to myself as I closed my eyes to rest. I had about 40 minutes until the next class of students entered. I taught grades 9-12 and it was confusing the FUCK outta me. How the hell do I teach 4 grades that have a huge ass age gap and what happened next year???

I sit there slouched on the chair and try to at least rest a bit, but.

"I can't relax..." I mutter to myself as I open my eyes and feel annoyed. I look over to the huge-ass bookshelves and decide to find an interesting history book.

As I look through, I stop at a book that has the words "Ackerman Clan" Printed on the cover with the words in black and the border around it, gold, in bold.

Ackerman? That the same surname Levi and Mikasa have. Actually. The two look quite similar. Hah. Maybe their cousins or maybe Levi's is her uncle and they just don't know. Maybe, but I couldn't care at all right now. I want to know more about the Ackermans. Levi and Mikasa are terrifyingly strong.

I swipe the book out its place and sit back down on the chair. I open the cover and start reading it with the Title being.

"Ackerman's host."

"Host? What are the Ackermans? Servants?" I ask mostly to myself as I continue to read.

([A/n] now I don't know tooooo much about the Ackerman clan, so I'll write what I know so far and make some shit up I guess.)

"Ackermans were originally bodyguards for the king in the 7th century. They had inhuman strength, but no one quite knows where they gained all that strength."

"Ahh... So this may involve those two Ackermans. What about the host thing?"
I muttered, continuing to read.

"Ackerman had a host. Also known as an Ackerbond. Originally their host was the king, but soon enough they had rebelled and gone their own way. Newborn children of the Ackermans didn't have a host. Now. How does an Ackerman gain a host?"

"Heh. They wrote this in the sketchiest way possible. Gain? Don't they mean, 'How does someone become the host of an Ackerman?' Well. It's somewhat the same, right? Whatever."

"The actions or words of someone can trigger something inside the Ackermans brain and from there, the Ackerman knows exactly what to do. Or that can trigger itself and they gain a host afterward.

After that, the person who told them inspiring words or told them afterward will become the Ackermans Host. Someone they must protect.
Reports say that there were a few Ackermans that earned a host without that person ever saying anything to them or doing anything.