Chapter 6

We Won't Separate

I wore a black hood with a black mask that covered most of my face except my eyes and wore grey jeans. I was crouched outside, in an alleyway, peeking through a window of a bar.

I waited till the bartender wasn't paying attention. Luckily there were only two employees. The bartender and a waitress. Then a few customers, who wouldn't give a fuck if someone stole from here.

He turned with his back completely faced towards her, talking with a male customer, so she took this as a chance.

She jumped inside, sliding over the counter, quickly grabbing a yellow box and slid back over the counter, running out.

"HEY! YOU DAMN THEIF AGAIN!" She heard the bartender yell again, but even if he chased after her, she would still get away.

She was quite fast and slippery when it came to sneaking around or running away. So even if there were police around, they wouldn't be able to catch her.

Meanwhile, at the bar, the bartender ran out, seeing the girl turn a corner. He turned to, two men who were dressed in a uniform that showed they were from the military police brigade.

"Hey! You two chase after that theft who just ran out here!" The bartender demanded.

"Sorry, old man, but she's long gone. A waste of stamina if I do say." One of them says as the other laughs.

There were some that usually roamed around the underground, but never really did anything.

Back to Estelle, she continued running till she made it home. She walked up the steps skipping a step each time and opened the door.

She saw Levi cleaning the place, with a broom in his hand. He turned towards her and lowered his mask, raising a brow at her.

"And where were you? I specifically told you yesterday that we'd be cleaning today." Levi asked as he stared at her, waiting for an answer.

She closed the door behind her and took her shoes off at the entrance. She lowered her hood and mask, taking a deep breath of the smell of cleaning products and sweet lemon.

"Still smells the same as always. I don't think the smell is good for my lungs, but it'll develop!"

She thought to herself, as she turned towards Levi, giving him a toothy grin. "Somewhere." She finally answered as she hid the yellow box, behind her back with her left hand, letting her wavey, shoulder-length, chocolate brown hair out of her jacket, with her right.

Levi wasn't satisfied with that answer, but before he could say anything else, she grabbed his wrist and sat him down on a chair at the table.

"What's this all about?" Levi asked, staring at the smiling girl. She was 13 and he was now 16. He noticed she was hiding something behind her back, but as soon as he opened his mouth to speak, she placed the yellow box on the table.

He stared slightly wide-eyed, mouth cracked opened and his hand raised up, reaching for the yellow box that carried a dozen packs of black tea. The box wasn't opened at all, but it was newly bought, except she didn't buy it.