Chapter 10

May 20

I fell asleep on the couch while watching Tv and doing my homework. Now I woke up from someone banging on the door.

I groaned and used the couch pillow to cover my ears, but it didn't muffle the sound at all. "...Mikasa... Answer the door..." I said with my voice slightly raspy since I just woke up. Obviously.

"I won't open the door for that crazy woman." Mikasa sharply said, sounding as if she's been awake for over an hour. She seems to be in the kitchen and probably cooking herself breakfast.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes trying to wake myself up. The door kept banging and a muffled voice called my name, on the other side of the door.

Finally, I realized who it was and stumbled forward, grabbing my phone and checking the day.

May 20th

That fully woke me up. I jumped up and ran to the door, slamming it open. Revealing, in my opinion. A beautiful, morning woman named Estelle Scavo. She wore a white tucked in shirt, blue shorts, a white jean jacket, and black short boot heals.

"Perfect..." I mumbled, out loud without even realizing it.

"Ha?" Estelle gave me a dumbfounded smile. I started panicking and apologizing. I heard her laugh and she ruffled my hair, calming me down. "Relax. Now. Did you eat? Or did you just wake up? You got morning hair." She chuckled at that last sentence as she pointed at my messy hair.

"Uh- Right. Sorry, I just woke and Mikasa didn't wake me." I apologized as I glanced over at Mikasa who was sitting at the dining table eating breakfast and texting who knows.

"You should start waking yourself up. Like you've said I'm not your mom." Mikasa said as she glanced at us, glaring at Estelle.

I looked over at Estelle who just stare at her and chuckled. "Your glare reminds me of a specific someone. So I just can't help, but smile." She says, rubbing the back of her neck.

There was a small awkward silence between the three of us, till Estelle finally broke it. "Eren, go get ready. Wear something you won't mind getting dirty." Estelle said slightly shoving me.

"So why are you wearing that?" I asked stumbling a bit.

"Honestly, I dunno. I just like dressing up, but. I hate people dressing me up like a doll..." Estelle said that last sentence darkly, which gave me chills. I just nodded and went to get myself cleaned up.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~

3rd P.O.V.

"Eren, you're running too slow! Let's go before break!" Estelle shouted as she picked Eren up and slumped him over her shoulders, not even slowing down a bit, but running faster.

"H-Hey, wait!" Eren shouted causing Estelle to stop and question me. "I'm pretty sure you don't have any masks to cover your mouth and nose, do you?" Eren asked.

"...Oh. Don't worry I can ask a friend of mine!" Estelle answered as she continued to run.

Ever since Eren and Estelle met, out of nowhere, on May 20 Estelle had a huge breakdown that lasted the whole day. No matter what Eren or his parents tried doing to comfort her, she would just threatened to hurt them, which she later apologized by doing all the cooking and cleaning for a week.

But when Eren's mom, Carla was cleaning on that same day, Estelle just sat on the couch next to a stiffened Eren, waiting for Estelle's crazy breakdown. But it never happened.

She looked so happy and peaceful, while Carla cleaned and was surprised when she realized it was the 20 of May and Estelle never had a breakdown.

Mikasa had a theory that it was because Carla was cleaning since whenever she stopped, Estelle would start shaking as if she was ready to break.

Now every May 20, Estelle would clean the whole house from top to bottom, to cleaning the laundry.

A year after Estelle moved into her aunt's house, Eren wanted to clean with her and she didn't mind at all. Actually. Now that he roped himself into it, he can't get out, but. He doesn't mind at all.

Once they both reached the apartment Estelle was living in, she placed him down and walked to the front entrance doors. "You live in an apartment?" Eren questioned, following Estelle inside.

"Of course. It's not like I'm living with anyone else, so what's the point of buying a house. Besides this place isn't as cramped as it looks. Quite spacious." Estelle answered walking to a door on the first floor that had the number sign "1" on it.

"Is this where you live?" Eren asked, raising a brow and turning his head to Estelle.

"Nope." Estelle simply answered, knocking the door.

After a minute of what sounded like things moving around. The door opened and revealed a raven-haired man who wore a mask and a. Hat? He had a broom in his hand and gloves, lowering his mask.

"Eren? Why the hell are you with Estelle?" Levi asked, glaring at Eren.

Eren stiffened and started mumbling who-knows-what. But after a few seconds, Levi was pushed back a bit, almost falling to the ground. Levi just had his arms opened and didn't hug back, afraid he would hurt her.

Eren's eye widened to see Estelle hugging Levi. His heart ached, his fist clenched, teeth gritted, eyes glaring at Levi, and browned furrowed.

"Oi. Shitty brat, let go. Why the hell are you out of your apartment. Haven't I told you to rest, or are you just too much of an idiot?" Levi asked coldly, but in reality. He didn't want her letting go.

"Every May 20 we cleaned the house from top to bottom and here you are doing the exact same thing. I've been doing the same thing, like always. Ah! Anyways! We need masks since I don't have any and we were already close by, so I didn't wanna stop at the store." Estelle explained, finally breaking out of the hug. Levi letting out a sorrowful short sigh.

"Irresponsible as always, you brat." Levi scolded, smacking the top of her head.

Estelle chuckled and rubbed her head. "You've gotten stronger. That actually hurt." Estelle admitted.

Levi glanced at her eyes and saw a small tear at the brink of her right eye. He clicked his tongue and ruffled her hair, causing Estelle to stiffen, but ease up and smile softly at him.

MEANWHILE. EREN HERE FEELING LIKE A GOD DAMN THIRD WHEEL! HIS RAGE FOR LEVI ROSE TO THE TIP-PITY TOP OF THIS UNIVERSE! HE WANTED TO SNATCH ESTELLE AND HOLD HER TIGHT, SHOWING LEVI THAT SHE IS HIS EVEN THOUGH SHE IS NOOOT!!!

Anyways Levi told them to wait as he walked off, grabbing two masks and coming back, giving it to Estelle.

"I expect the place to be spotless, or else you're redoing everything. And don't overdue yourself, brat." Levi sharply said. Estelle just softly chuckled and nodded, waving bye to him and walking to her own apartment.

Eren and Levi glared at each other until they couldn't see each other.

What neither of them noticed was Petra hiding behind the corner, she heard and saw everything.