Chapter 26

Whoops

"What are you doing here?" Petra questioned nervously, looking away, as she felt daggers from his glare stab her.

"Buying some pain relievers." He answered, continuing to glare at her.

This caught her attention, causing her eyes to go back to him, despite his deadly glare. "Are you hurt? I was buying some too, I can buy-"

"No. Why are you even buying pain relievers? You wouldn't ever go out of your way to help out someone. I should know..." He muttered the last sentence under his breath. Luckily she didn't hear him.

"Ah. It's for— Someone I'm checking on tomorrow." She answered truthfully. She was actually talking about Estelle. She knew those men she left with Estelle, were quite abusive. So she knew the second she sees Estelle, she'll be covered in scars and bruises.

Of course, she doesn't know, Estelle's been taken back by Levi.

"Tch. Must be another of your 'lovers.' " Levi gritted his teeth as he gripped the bottle of the pain reliever.

She had forgotten about that. Truth be told, she wasn't in a relationship at the moment. She'd been fired. But. She has feelings for a specific someone right now.

"Why? Why are you buying pain relievers?" She asked, looking away once again.

Levi opened his mouth to answer, not knowing the ones who kidnapped Estelle. "For Estelle. Some bastard or bastards beat her up and—"

"SHE ESCAPED?!" Petra shouted, causing a scene and getting stares from the few people who were in the pharmacy.

Levi stared half wide-eyed in confusion, as Petra realized what she had said, immediately covering her mouth.

"No... I- I didn't say that..." She whispered, even though Levi hasn't said anything.

"You, you're the one who kidnapped her?" Levi asked, in a low voice as to not cause a bigger scene from some who were still staring.

"No. Uhm. I'm sorry-" She apologized, her voice cracking, as she placed the bottle of pain reliever down and ran out.

Levi just watched her run out, utterly shocked and pissed. He would've run after her, but this late at night, some man running after a woman. That would definitely cause people to become suspicious.

So he just sucked it in, paid for the bottle, drove back to the apartment, and entered Estelle's apartment.

He was immediately met with panicking noises.

"AH! AHHH! GET HIM OFF MEEE!"

"Just stop trying to pull him off!"

"WHY DOES HE HATE ME SO MUUUCH?!"

Finally a sound of hissing, and panting of exhaustion.

"That'll probably leave scars." Estelle comments, awkwardly.

"Oh, really...??" Eren says sarcastically.

"Just what in city Maria happened while I was gone?" Levi asked, now standing at Estelle's bedroom doorway.

Eren's face was covered in scratches and two cuts that were now bleeding, Estelle holding raven in her hands, raven glaring at Eren still having his guard up.

"Raven, uhh. Attacked Eren." Estelle answered, placing the cat down, making Eren flinch in fear. He hissed at Eren before jumping off the bed and towards Levi and stopping in front of him.

"What stupid shit did you do, Eren?" Levi asked, ignoring the fact that Raven started making his way up to Levi's shoulder by crawling up his clothes.

"Hah? Nothing!" He lied.

"The bastard didn't attack you when you entered," Levi commented.

"But he kept hissing at me. He probably snapped!" Eren reminded him.

". . ."

"Alright. I probably got too close to Estelle."

As soon as he said that, Raven jumped off Levi's shoulder, attacking Eren once more.

"Holy Shit! B-Ha- WhA- Levi!"

"Huh?"

"GET THIS DEMON OFF ME!"

~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~

"Hah... I'm sorry, Estelle." Eren sobbed like a child, as Estelle patched him up.

"Forgiven. You were only checking my temperature, but seems Raven thought otherwise." She said awkwardly, placing a patch on his scars.

"Tch. It could've escalated if Raven here didn't interfere." Levi commented, standing in the corner with his arms crossed, not taking his gaze off of Eren. Same with Raven.

"Cockblocked by a cat..."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"...Well. You should head home. It's almost 9 and I'm pretty sure your moms wondering where you are." Estelle said as she placed away from the first aid.

"Yeah. Mikasa kept bugging me that I should leave it to the police brigade, but I know those bastards won't even try." Eren clenched his fist, knowing how much those people in the interior police were lazy bitches.

"Well, I'm here and alive, so don't worry." Estelle ruffled his hair and gave him a faint smile once again.

"Yeah." He gave her a blushed, relieved smile as he looked up at her.

She's amazing.

Eren thought, falling in love with her so much more.

Meanwhile, Levi stood there, glaring at Eren. He didn't know it, but his body filed with jealousy.

Actually.

While Levi was patching her up, he forgot how much he missed her. He failed once, blaming himself, and failed once again.

He also found out, he's fallen in love with her again.