11

The look of pure joy that was plastered on Colby's face left my heart beating out of my chest.

"What did you say?" He asked as I smiled, "I remembered something!" I squeeled happily as Mia finished eating. "Baby!" He yelled and wrapped his arms around me kissing the side of my head as Mia giggled up at us. "What did you remember?" He asked as I bounced Mia with glee,

"I...I remembered oh my god I can't breathe!" I said with excitement causing Colby to laugh, "calm down, breathe." He said and rubbed my back, "I remembered being in the hospital and the doctors put Mia on my chest and I just instantly fell in love." I said and ran my fingers through Mia's hair. "They're gonna come back. Your memories. We just have to be patient." He said and kissed my head. "Are you helping mommy remember?" I asked Mia as I bounced her.

"Please tell me stories, I want to remember more." I pouted as he pulled me into him, "patience baby girl, patience." He said and kissed my head again.

We finally turned on the movie as I held Mia to my chest. It warmed my heart that her birth was the first memory I got to have back, even if it was just a small moment that I got to see.

As we watched the movie my mind wandered to the wedding, when was it supposed to be? Did I have a dress? Was the venue set?

"What are you thinking about?" Colby mumbled as I turned my head to look up at him. "I know I'm supposed to be patient but can we talk about the wedding?" I asked and he paused the movie. "Alright but I'm serious if your head hurts for even a second we are stopping." He said and gave me a stern look, "Promise." I said and looked back down at Mia who was now sleeping on my chest.

"What did you want to know?" He asked and I pursed my lips, "when were we supposed to get married?" I asked and he chuckled, "we are getting married on February 6th." He said and I frowned, "what if my memories don't come back in time?" I asked and pouted my lip at him.

"Then we can talk about postponing it, I think they will come back though." He said and smiled down at me, "what else did you want to know?" He asked and rubbed my arms slowly with his hands, "do I already have a dress?" I asked and he brought his lips to my head, "yeah, I haven't seen it but you have one, Mia picked it out." He said and I laughed, "she's a baby!" I exclaimed with a giggle. "She grabbed it and wouldn't let go until you tried it on. It was the one." He said and I smiled,

"Okay, what about the venue?" I asked and he sighed, "This is the last question I'm answering." He said and laughed, "We have a beautiful venue in the mountains.You love hiking, it's also got cabins for us to get ready in. It's beautiful." He said and reminisced the venue in his head as Mia fussed in my arms.

"Oh god, what do I do?" I asked nervously causing him to chuckle, "just bounce her, and if it doesn't work then she probably needs to get changed" he said as I bounced Mia.

After a few minutes she didn't calm down so Colby took her to go get changed. I sat in the bedroom and played with my ring as I let my mind wander off again.

I started thinking about how weird it was that I trusted Colby so much already, granted I know I'm supposed to be marrying him but I just met him a couple days ago.

Just then a searing pain filled my head as an image of us kissing came into my brain, we were in what looked like an apartment and as we kissed a loud screaming of a tea pot filled the room. I don't know how I could tell, but it was our first kiss.

"Woah, are you okay? I knew we shouldn't have talked about the wedding. Damnit Cora, please open your eyes." Colby begged as he rubbed my arms.

I opened my eyes to meet his beautiful blue ones, I stared into them for a minute before I smiled and pulled him in to kiss me. He pulled me closer as I wrapped my arms around his neck, lacing my fingers into his hair as he groaned.

This kiss felt like the first one, as if we were two puzzle pieces clicking together. Fireworks were going off around us as our lips moved in perfect sync.

When I pulled away I looked into his eyes again, "I have to pull the tea off the stove." I said and he scrunched his brow before he realized, his eyes widening, "y-you remembered?" He asked with disbelief on his face as I brushed the hair from his forehead. "That was our first kiss right? Where were we?" I asked and he just smiled softly at me, "that was our first kiss, it was at like 4 in the morning at your apartment, I came over without telling you because I couldn't stop thinking about you and I just needed to shoot my shot before it was too late." He said and I giggled,

"I was awake at 4am to kiss you?" I asked and he laughed, "yeah you kind of suck at sleeping sometimes." He said and laid on the bed, pulling me into his chest.

"Did I-" I started but he shook his head, "please no more questions tonight baby. I don't want to push our luck." He begged and I nodded, "okay." I said and felt him kiss my head.

It was killing me only having small memories of my past. I was impatient and wanted to know everything but Colby was right, we couldn't push this.

We watched the movie in silence as he laced his fingers through my hair. It was so relaxing that I could feel my eyes closing, despite the fact I slept for
three days. I stopped resisting the urge to fall asleep and melted into Colby's chest even more.

I was standing in our bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. My eyes drifted down to my pregnant belly when I saw a man coming behind me in the mirror. I sucked in a breath and turned around to meet his face, his eyes immediately trailed down to my belly also.

"Get out of here." I said firmly and put my arms over my belly protectively, "look, I just want to talk to you." He said and took a step closer to me. I stepped back, running into the counter. "L-leave. You shouldn't be here." I said trying to keep my voice level.

The dream fizzled out and I was surrounded by blackness for a minute.

"Listen bitch!" A mans voice barked causing me to jump, "I was going to apologize but now you pissed me off. You were nothing but a tease and a whore. Look at you! You're pregnant like a little slut!" I grimaced at his words, my hands now shaking.

Who was that?

The image of a man lunging for me appeared suddenly causing me to scream. I tried to duck around him, but he was able to grab me and throw me against the floor. My head slammed into the ground, then the rest of my body crumbled against it.

I bolted up screaming in pain as I held my head.

"What?! What happened?!" Colby yelled as he pulled me into him again, "w-who was that?" I wimpered out as he rubbed circles on my back. "Who are you talking about?" He asked as I cowered in fear about the man I saw in my dream.