16

"So you just saw a memory of the accident?" Kat asked as we walked through the aisles as if nothing happened.

"Yep. Glad we survived that, jeeze." I said as Devyn stared at me in disbelief. "You're really just gonna pretend that didn't just happen?" She asked as I grabbed some goldfish off the shelf, "yeah, I am." I said with a laugh, "you make us look like such babies." Kat said as we made our way to the front of the store, "What? Why? Im the one who was just crying on the floor in a target." I said with a laugh.

"Yeah but you just like...got up..and now you're okay." Tara said as I grabbed another ugly sweater on the way to the registers. "Do you think Colby would look good in this? Yeah I think he would." I said as the girls just looked at me like I was crazy.

"Guys this is just a part of my life right now. I can't be scared of it, I just have to keep pushing on, it's gonna be alright," I said and Kat attacked me with a hug. "I love you!" She yelled and squeezed me as I laughed, "I love you too."I said and hugged her back.

I was so happy to have such a supportive group of friends who would stick through me forgetting them.

We checked out and got in the car to leave. I tried to not be nervous in the car, because I wanted to take the memory and just move on from it but the image of the car slamming into us kept playing in my head.

"It's okay to be nervous Cor, you had a hard time the first time you experienced the crash. You can have a hard time now. Nobody is judging you." Devyn said and grabbed my shaking hand.

"It's just frustrating, I'm alright. It's just my life now, thank you, Devyn." I said and squeezed her hand, taking in the small amount of comfort it brought me. "Call me Dev." She said and smiled. "Okay so you're Dev, she's Kat, what are you? Tar?" I asked Tara as she gagged, "ewwwww no! I'm just Tara" she said as everyone laughed. "Just Tara it is." I said with a chuckle.

We pulled into the driveway and I felt my heart race.

Is this what being in love really felt like? I just couldn't wait to see Colby.

I got out of the car and basically ran inside. "Woah! Why are you running?" Colby asked with a laugh as I ran into the kitchen where he and Sam were making dinner.

"Colbyyyyy!" I yelled and jumped into his arms. "Hey baby girl." He said and held me in the air with his arms around my waist. I heard Mia giggling off to the side as I pulled away slightly so I could kiss him.

Yep. This was definitely what being in love felt like.

The butterflies in my stomach erupted as he kissed me back, pulling me closer into his body as I melted against him. "Alright guys, relax." Sam said with a laugh as the girls came into the kitchen.

"Woah!! Okay get a room!" Tara yelled as Colby and I pulled away from eachother. "Sorry, I just love him a lot." I said and he smirked at me, "and I love her a lot." He said as Kat and Sam fake gagged.

I may not remember these people that much, but I definitely already loved them.

"Sorry! We have to make up for some lost time." I said as Colby lowered me to the ground. "Ugh, just think about when her memory comes back fully we aren't going to see them for days." Kat said causing me to blush wildly. "Enough, alright you guys go hang out, Sam and I are making dinner." Colby said which made Kat spit her drink out, "You and Sam cooking? I'll go order the pizza." She teased as the boys pushed us out of the room. "Yeah yeah whatever Katrina." Colby grumbled under his breath which made us all giggle.

"can we watch more videos?" I asked and bit my cheek as we made our way to the movie room. I knew I should probably be taking it easy but I just wanted to remember something again so badly, even if it was bad. I think with every memory I was becoming closer to who I was before I forgot everything.