42

"Ready to go?" Colby asked as I sat on the edge of the bed, "I've never been more ready in my life." I said with a smile as he came over to help me get in the wheelchair that was sitting next to my bed.

He had already packed up the car and had it waiting outside so I could just get in the car and go home.

I couldn't believe I was going to be home with everyone again. It had only been a week but I missed having a little bit of normalcy. Plus, I really missed Mia. I felt bad that we basically abandoned her for a week but honestly she was better off at the house with everyone else.

"Let's get you home then baby girl." Colby said and helped me get off the bed and into the wheelchair.

I was still hurting really bad from having to walk across the hallway by myself but Colby promised me a hot bath when we got home so I was pretty excited for that.

As he wheeled me through the hallways I would smile and wave at every single nurse and patient I saw.

"Leaving us already?" One of the nurses who I recognized as Jenny said as we passed her in the hallway, "I'm going home!" I yelled excitedly and smiled widely at Colby as he wheeled me down the hallways, "well we will miss you!" She said and patted my shoulder as we wheeled beside her, "don't worry, knowing my luck I'll be back here in like a week." I said and Colby growled slightly, "don't say that!" He hissed and I laughed, "sorry. I meant to say I'll never come back here again." I said and pouted my lip dramatically.

"Wow I'm really gonna miss you two, but enjoy your wedding! And stay safe please, as much as we will miss you we don't want to see you here again for a very long time." She said and then jogged off.

"Why would you say that?" Colby asked with a laugh, "say what?" I asked as we got into the elevator, "that you'll probably be back here in a week." He said as I laughed, "you literally tell me I'm accident prone every five minutes." I said and he shook his head, "yeah but can we just get through one injury at a time before you go around talking about the next one you're going to have?" He asked nervously as I grabbed his hand,

"I'm sorry, it was just a joke Colby. I'm not going to be back here for a long ass time. We are going to get married and go on our honeymoon and live happily ever after. No more injuries." I said and brought his hand to my lips.

"I hope you like helmet hair." He said with a laugh, "actually helmet hair was part of my wedding updo didn't you know?" I asked and he laughed. "Shut up." He said and wheeled me to the exit.

Don't get me wrong, I was still in excruciating pain, but something about the idea of leaving the hospital had me so giddy and cheerful that it didn't matter that I wanted to cut off all of my limbs.

Once we got to the car though, that's where I started to get nervous again. I was scared to face this without the help of medical professionals. I knew they sent me home with Vicodin, but I wasn't really supposed to take it a lot. I was going to be in a lot of pain, and I would be disrupting the whole house with my screams.

I already hated the idea of it.

"What's wrong?" Colby asked as I wiped a tear off of my cheek, "I don't know, it just got really real." I said as he slowly lifted me off the wheelchair, "what do you mean?" He asked and slowly walked me to the passengers side of the car. I hissed from the pain and took a deep breath,

"I feel bad that I'm going to keep our friends up with my pathetic cries." I admitted as he sat me down in the seat. "Baby....you know they are going to support you, they won't be upset at you for keeping them up, they'll be upset that you're hurt and will want to help you. And by the way your cries aren't pathetic. Your pain is valid." He said and handed me my small purple stress ball.