48

"Cora sweetie wake up." Michelle's voice soothed next to me, "what's going on?" I mumbled, noticing Colby wasn't in bed anymore. "We are taking you to lunch, just the girls." She said and helped me sit up. "Oh. Okay, let me get ready." I mumbled and swung my legs over the bed causing me to hiss in pain.

The mornings were always the worst for my pain, since my legs get so stiff. "Oh no, are you okay?" Michelle asked with concern lacing her voice, "yeah, just stiff. When should I be downstairs?" I asked and grabbed my cane before getting out of bed. "Whenever you're ready, take your time there's no rush." She said then left the room so I could get ready.

The wedding was in two days now, Colby's parents and brother got in last night, so the house was just full of family.

I finally got to the closet and started getting ready, I smiled at myself in the mirror noticing the fact that I was glowing with happiness. It's something I haven't seen on myself in such a long time.

This was seriously going to be the best weekend of my life.

I got ready as quickly as I possibly could then went to the nursery to get Mia. "Hi sweet girl! Are you going to come to lunch with mommy??" I asked as she kicked her legs happily. I pulled her out of the crib and cradled her with one arm as I shuffled to the rocking chair to feed her.

Kat came in and smiled at me as I sang Mia the lullaby she wrote, "hey." I said softly as she watched us, "hey, you almost ready to go?" She asked and went over to help me get the diaper bag ready, "yeah, I just have to change Mia, then I'm good to go." I said and started burping her, "okay, I'll pack the car up, do you think you'll be able to get Mia downstairs?" She asked as I bit my lip.

I could probably do it, but I didn't like risking it, "no, I'm afraid I'll drop her." I said and she nodded, "Okay I'll send someone up to grab her then." She said then skipped out of the room.

A couple minutes later Colby's mom came in, "hey sweetie! How are you feeling today?" She asked as I stood up to change Mia. "I'm doing okay today, how are you?" I asked as she smiled at us. "I'm good, getting very excited for this weekend." She said causing me to smile widely. "Me too. I can't believe it's finally here." I said and patted Mia's belly as she giggled and kicked.

"You wanna go to grandma??" I asked Mia as she reached for Colby's mom. "Hi sweetheart." She cooed and picked Mia up. "Where are we going for lunch?" I asked causing her to shrug, "no idea, Katrina picked it." She said as we made our way to the stairs.

I was feeling extra sore today for some reason, it might have been because I have been overworking myself a little bit. I internally promised myself to take it easy today as I slowly walked down the stairs. If I kept overworking myself I wouldn't have the strength to surprise Colby at the wedding.

"There she is!" Devyn called as I walked into the living room where all the girls were. I assume the guys took Colby somewhere, otherwise they would be in here too. "Hi guys!" I said happily and leaned against the wall.

"Are you ready to go?" Kat asked as she came in holding her keys, "I'm ready." I said with a smile and we all filed out and into the cars.

I was in the car with Michelle, Colby's mom, Mia, and Kat, the other girls drove separately.

When Kat pulled into the lunch spot I smiled widely once again. When Kat and I first became friends we used to come here every Sunday after work since we worked morning shifts.

"Kaaaat! Why do you always have to be so sentimental." I said with a frown as she parked the car, "because it's fun! Come on." She said as we all got out.

I was struggling a little bit today so I was going pretty slow, "you want some help?" Devyn asked as she wrapped her arm around my waist, "thanks. I'm really sore today, I think I might have overdone it." I said with a small laugh, "maybe have a rest day today." She said and I nodded, "yeah, definitely." I said as we walked to the table.