39

"Come on Cora you can do it! One more baby." Colby said as I did my stress ball exercises. "Oh FUCK off." I groaned and threw the ball at him. "Don't give up Cor, you're doing so great." He said and caught the ball. "Stop fucking lying to me Cole. I can't do this anymore." I said and closed my eyes against the pain.

It's been 4 days since I was taken off of the morphine, and it's been painful. Right now we were doing a stress ball excercise for my hands and arms but later today we were going to start the journey of teaching me to walk again. The wedding was only 3 weeks away which meant I had to get my ass in gear if I wanted to walk down the aisle.

"Baby you can do anything you set your mind to. I know it hurts and I know you're frustrated but I'm not going to let you give up." He said and put the ball back in my hand. "I can't do it." I whined as he sighed, "just squeeze the ball, Cora. Please." He begged causing me to groan, "If you don't stop I'll be squeezing a different kind of ball." I said and gritted my teeth.

Colby just chuckled and brushed my hair from my face gently. "Just do one more for me." He said softly as I let out a breath, forcing my body to power through the pain so I could tighten my fist around the small purple ball. I held it for a few seconds then let go and burst into tears. My whole body throbbed with pain.

"That was so good Cora, I'm so proud of you baby girl." Colby praised and kissed my head as I tried to catch my breath. "This sucks." I said quietly as my head throbbed and my muscles ached.

"I know, but you're seriously doing so well, I'm so proud of you." He said and lowered his lips to mine. I smiled against them feeling all the pain melt away for just a second.

Once he pulled away I frowned causing him to chuckle, "trust me, I would kiss you all day if I could." He said and pressed his lips against mine for another second before pulling away completely.

"Hey guys!" Kat said as she walked in with Mia in her carrier and a notebook. "Hi Kat." I mumbled and tried to reach for my water. My arm gave out before I could grab it though.

Colby automatically picked up the cup and brought the straw to my lips as Kat pulled Mia out of the carrier. "How are you feeling today?" She asked as Colby put my water back on the table.

"Like shit." I grumbled as Mia reached for me. "Since you feel like pushing me today, Brock. Can I try holding Mia?" I asked and pouted my lip out. "Do you think you can handle it?" He asked and raised his brows, "no." I mumbled as he sighed.

"Sure you can, come on I'll help you." He said and grabbed Mia from Kat. "Colby, I don't want to drop her." I said causing him to laugh, "you're laying on a bed Cor, I don't think it's possible for you to drop her." He said and reached down to position my arms to be in the correct way. He then slowly lowered Mia into my arms. She cooed loudly as soon as I had a grip on her.

"I'm dropping her!" I hissed as I felt my arms give out. Colby leaned over and held my arms, keeping them steady, "you got it, just breathe." He whispered and helped me lower her down so she could lay on my chest. She snuggled into me as I shakily brought my hand to her back and rubbed it gently.

"See?" Colby asked and I glared at him, "shut up." I mumbled as Mia snuggled into me more. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on the little noises she was making, rather than the shooting pain that was constantly streaming through my body. I continued to rub little circles on her back for a couple minutes before she started to squirm,

"Colby, grab her before she falls please." I said and felt him lean over and pick her up from my chest. "I'm proud of you." He whispered and kissed my head, then stood up straight again.

"I know you're probably exhausted but the wedding is coming up and we have things to discuss." Kat said and sat next to the bed with her notebook. "Okay." I whispered, feeling the fatigue set in.