31

We all woke up to Colby's phone ringing loudly which made Mia cry. "Ughhhh hello?" Colby asked groggily into the phone as I slid out of bed to soothe Mia. "Shhh it's okay sweet girl." I said and walked her out of the room so Colby could hear the person on the other end of the phone. I know it was probably just Sam trying to get Colby to be out of the house today so I could make his cake and clean up the house for tomorrow.

Mia eventually calmed down as I danced around the living room holding her close to me. "You feel better sweetheart?" I asked and smiled at her as she cooed at me.

When I walked back into the bedroom Colby was putting his shirt on, "you were right, Sam set up a merch shoot today, so I'm gonna be gone most of the day are you gonna be okay?" He asked and I laughed, "I think I'll survive, as long as I get to see you tomorrow." I said and laid Mia down so I could help him pack our stuff up.

We didn't bring a lot of stuff so we were packed up pretty quick. Colby was just going to shower at home so we had to go now or he would be late to the shoot.

"What are you going to do today?" He asked as we drove to the house. "Hmmm I don't know. Probably clean up the mess from the party like I always do." I said with a laugh as he grabbed my hand. "You should really stop letting them do that to you." He said with a laugh as we pulled into the driveway.

"I don't mind it. I like cleaning." I said with a shrug, "plus if I don't do it then it will never get done so I would rather do it than live in filth." I said and got out of the car. Colby grabbed the bag as I grabbed Mia.

When we went inside there were the usual sticky floors and cups everywhere. This time there were streamers and party popper casings all over the floor as well.

"Alright, you bring her up, I'll start cleaning." I said with a sigh and went into the laundry room to grab the cleaning supplies. "Cora...pssst." Sam whispered when I passed the living room, "what's up?" I asked and came in, "did you figure out what you're doing tomorrow?" He asked and I shook my head, "I can't think of anything because...Sam I have to tell you something." I said with a sigh.

"What's up?" He asked as I sat next to him on the bed. "I have to get brain surgery again." I said with a thick voice. "Wait what? When?" He asked as his face shifted to one of concern. "Sunday....I haven't told Colby." I whispered as tears filled my eyes. "Cora..." he breathed out and pulled me in for a hug. "I don't want to ruin his birthday." I whispered as he rubbed my back.

"You have to tell him eventually Cor." He said as I cried into his shoulder, "I know. I know. I just don't want him to spend the whole day worrying, and don't tell me he won't because we both know he will." I said and pulled away so I could wipe my eyes. "He will...but what was your plan? Just wake up Sunday and give him no time to prepare?" Sam asked as I shook my head, "I don't know. This SUCKS." I groaned and grabbed my head.

"Hey, calm down. Yeah this does suck but I know you'll make the right choice." Sam said and looked at me sadly. "I'm really scared Sam..." I admitted which caused him to frown. "I know, you'll be okay though." He said with a small smile. "Hopefully. I don't know what to do tomorrow for Colby though because I can't do any strenuous activities." I said and he puffed his cheeks out. "How about you guys just take Mia to the park or something, and we can try to set up the party quicker than we were intending if you want." He said and I nodded, "I think we might have to." I said with a sigh then stood up.

"Just...promise me you'll take it easy? We can't lose you again." Sam asked quietly as we left the room, "I will. Trust me I can't lose you guys either." I said with a small smile as we parted ways. 

I grabbed the cleaning supplies and got to work as Colby came down the stairs, "okay, we will be back later tonight. I love you." Colby said and gave me a kiss before leaving. "I love you too." I whispered and looked down to start cleaning again.