90

Colby comes home tomorrow.

Mia was doing so much better, since we have started FaceTiming Colby every day. She is back to her happy bubbly self, which made me feel so much better about all of this.

I slept that one day when Kevin and Meghan watched Mia but I haven't slept well since. I guess I was getting a little restless with Colby being gone.

The girls and I were going out to dinner tonight for our last little girls night before the guys got back.

"So has Colby still not seen your hair?" Tara asked as we looked at the menu, "no I have worn hats and hoods on FaceTime. I want him to see it for the first time in person, he doesn't even know I cut it." I said with a laugh, "he's going to kill me." Tara said and sighed,

"I think he's gonna like it. You look cute!" Devyn said as I took a sip of water. "I hope he likes it." I said with a giggle. "If he doesn't though then that's on him, because I love it." I said and fluffed my hair. "That's right! As you should." Kat said and nudged me as Mia giggled.

We spent the rest of dinner planning out the welcome home party we were going to have for the boys. We wanted to invite all of our friends over and throw an party to honor their success. I was so excited for it.

Kat and I were going to bake a cake tonight, Devyn and Tara were going to grab decorations after dinner.

"I'm so excited!" I squealed as Kat drove us home to make the cake. "We should dress all hot tomorrow, so they know to never leave us again." She said causing me to laugh, "they already know to not do that, but I'm down, will you help me pick something?" I asked as she pulled into the driveway. "Of course I will. We can do it while the cake bakes, come on." She said as she opened the car door.

When we got to the kitchen we started pulling out ingredients, as soon as I put Mia in her highchair. "It's your favorite activity, Mia! Watching mommy and auntie Kat make a mess!" I cooed as she giggled. I loved her little giggle. I was so happy she was feeling better, because I was getting a little nervous she would never bounce back.

Kat and I were mixing the batter when Kevin came in, "what's going on in here??" He asked suspiciously. "We are making a cake for the party tomorrow." I said as I mixed the batter. "Oh! Well I need to sample the cake mix of course." Kevin said and dipped his finger in the batter,

"Kevin!!" I whined as Kat did the same thing, "what? It's good! Sugar K has to sample the goods." He said with a laugh as Kat rolled her eyes, "Literally nobody calls you Sugar K." She said as we scraped the batter into the pan. "No, but they should start." He grumbled then ruffled Mia's hair as he left the room.

As soon as we put the cake in the oven Kat dragged me away towards the stairs, "Kat wait!" I yelled with a laugh, "what?" She asked and stopped, "we have to get Mia." I said and walked back into the kitchen to grab her. I wanted her to practice walking so I put her down on her feet so she would attempt to walk on her own.

"Come on sweet girl, you can do it!" I encouraged as Kat cheered, she took a couple big steps before she toppled onto the floor, "good job!!" I praised and picked her up so we could go upstairs.

"What are you thinking? Dress? Bodysuit? Jeans?" Kat asked as we skimmed through my closet, "probably a dress." I said and pointed towards them, "ooooo how about this one." She said and pulled out a short black velvet dress that usually excentuated my curves perfectly. "I really like that one." I admitted.

"Show me what it looks like on." She said and tossed it to me. I nodded and slipped it on, "ugh I'm so bloated from dinner." I said with a laugh and looked in the mirror, "shut up, you look so good in that!" She said as I turned towards her. "It's my favorite dress I think." I said and smoothed it down with my hands. "That's perfect for the party." Kat said as I changed back into my comfortable clothes.

We went to Kat's room and picked out her outfit, she chose a dark blue body suit with a pair of black jeans and honestly Sam was going to be drooling. "Yay! I'm so excited to see them." Kat said as she put her hoodie back on. "Me too, I'm so proud of them, but I have missed having them around." I said with a sighed and ruffled my hair with my hands.

"Yeah, it's been too uncomfortably quiet." Kat said as we went back downstairs to check on the cake.

Devyn and Tara came back, then showed us all of the decorations they got. We started to set them up so they would be ready when the guys got here in the afternoon.

"This looks perfect! They are going to be so surprised." Tara said as we hung the last streamer up. "Yeah, they will. We are dressing up tomorrow, you guys should too." Kat said as I gave Mia one of the extra streamers so she could play with it.

Kat and I finished up the cake, it was a funfetti cake with white frosting, and in red letters it said "welcome home!" It turned out way better than I was expecting not gonna lie.

Mia eventually started fussing to go to bed so I picked her up out of her highchair, "well I think it's time for us to go to bed, right Mia?" I asked and pinched her cheek as she leaned her head onto my shoulder. "Goodnight! See you tomorrow!" Devyn exclaimed and waved as I turned to leave, "love you guys!" I said as I left. "love you too!" They all yelled, causing me to laugh, I loved my friends so much.

By the time I got in bed I was actually able to fall asleep. It was short lived though when my phone started ringing,

"h-hello?" I asked as I stifled a yawn. "Cora??" Colby asked frantically which caused me to sit up, "yeah, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked as I brought my hand to my chest. "Y-yeah...thank god you're okay." He mumbled almost as if he was talking to himself, "why wouldn't I be okay? What's going on? You're scaring me." I said and bit my lip nervously.

"Don't worry baby girl, I just...I don't know we are at the Winchester house and I just had a nightmare that you were dead...It just scared me." He admitted as he caught his breath,

"Oh, well I'm very much alive. Are you okay? It must have been bad if you had to call me at 3am." I said looking at the clock, "i-it's 3am?" He asked with a slight gasp, "yeah...baby are you sure you're okay?" I asked feeling my heart rate pick up. "I think so, I'm just really freaked out Cor..I have never felt like this." He admitted as I sighed, "oh honey...maybe wake Sam up, he can help you through this. I wish I could help you more." I said quietly and bit my lip.

"You talking to me is enough, I'm just so glad you're okay...Mia's okay too right?" He asked nervously, "Mia's okay, we are both okay...we are excited to see you tomorrow." I said with a small smile as he breathed a small laugh, "I can't wait to see you and kiss you and hold you," he said quietly, "this time tomorrow we will be able to do all of those things, but for right now I need you to be okay. Wake Sam up and tell him how you're feeling. I promise I'm okay here." I said and picked at a loose strand on the blanket that was laying over my legs.

"Okay yeah, you're right. Thank you baby, I love you." He said causing me to laugh a little, "I love you too, get some sleep." I said as he sighed, "you too, I'll see you tomorrow." He said sending a shock of of warmth through my heart.

"I'll see you tomorrow."