40

I opened my eyes to hear Meghan talking, "honestly she should have passed out just by standing up but we aren't going to tell her that." She said as Colby chuckled, "that's my strong girl, being all badass and shit." He said quietly as he grabbed my hand, "I'm awake dumbasses." I mumbled as Meghan sucked her lips into her mouth.

"Good morning!" She said awkwardly as Colby grabbed my hand, "how are you feeling?" He asked as I slightly scowled at him, "feeling like I was overworked." I said and he laughed, "maybe don't be so strong next time." He said and I raised my brows at him. "Oh I'll be strong when I shove my foot up your-" I started but Meghan bursted into laughter, "that's enough! We pushed you because you were responding well." She said and I sighed, "I know but this shit hurts." I said and closed my eyes, trying to redirect my attention from the pain.

"When are we trying again?" I asked and held my hand out for Colby to grab. "Tomorrow, you need to rest now." Meghan said then waved and left the room as Colby brushed my hair back. "You really did amazing." He said and admired my features.

"Sorry for being so mean to you." I said and closed my eyes, leaning my head back into the pillow. "Don't worry about it, love. I know you're in a lot of pain....plus I think it's kinda hot when you yell at me like that." He said as Kat gagged, "oh come on Katrina." Colby said with a laugh.

"For that you have to get me icecream." I said and looked over at her. "Alright fair enough, what kind?" She asked and grabbed her purse, "hmmm peanut butter cup." I said and looked at Colby with a smile, "ohhh changing it up, can you grab some cookie dough too?" He asked and pulled his wallet out to hand Kat his card.

"You got it. We will be back!" Kat yelled and pulled Tara out of the room.

"I really am so proud of you." Colby said quietly as he grabbed my hand. I was starting to feel the pain a little worse again now that nobody was in here to distract me other than Colby. "I just want to be better already." I mumbled as he brought my hand to his lips. "You'll be better before you know it. I promise." He said and massaged my hand,

"Can we FaceTime my dad?" I asked and took a deep breath, feeling the shooting pains start in my legs again. "Yeah baby." He said and pulled his phone out.

"Hey Colby! Hey Squirt! How are you feeling?" He answered after a couple rings. "In pain." I whispered but smiled at him. "Aw squirt...I'm sorry I can't be there." He said and I shook my head, "don't worry about it, I would rather have you here for the wedding." I said and took a deep breath. "Katrina texted me and told me you're postponing it, I think that's a good idea." He said as Michelle came into frame. "Hi Michelle." I said and smiled at her, "hey sweetie." She said and waved.

I was pissed that her daughter sucked so much because I really did love her.

"I took my first steps today Daddy." I said excitedly as Colby squeezed my hand. "Oh yeah?? How'd that go?" He asked as Colby laughed, "don't listen to what she's about to say, she was such a trooper." He said as I rolled my eyes, "I passed out after a couple steps but it's better than nothing I guess." I said and he smiled, "you're a tough cookie Cor, stop downplaying that." Dad said as Dr. Robinson came in, "whatever, I have to go, the doctors here. I love you guys." I said and shakily brought my hand up to my mouth to blow them a kiss. "We love you too, I'm proud of you squirt." He said and smiled as Colby pushed the end call button.

"I heard you started walking!" Dr. Robinson said as she came up to me. "I took a couple steps." I said with a small smile as she leaned me forward so she could check my incision. "That's great progress Cora. Be proud of that." She said and pulled out my chart. "Alright so I'm going to explain how the next few days are gonna go." She said and sat in the chair on the right side of my bed.

"We are going to continue with the physical therapy sessions, and we are going to strengthen you up in the next few days, it's going to be hard but I think you've got the fight in you." She said and I rolled my eyes, "everyone seems to think that." I said and she chuckled, "no. We all KNOW that." She said and raised her brows at me. "Anyways, I want you to be back at home by this time next week." She said and I laughed, "you're already sick of me, doc?" I asked and raised my brows at her.

"I could never get sick of you and your snarky attitude Cora." She said with a laugh, "riiiight." I said  and looked over at Colby who was laughing at me. "Let her talk, Cor." He said and started massaging my hand again.

"When I send you home I'm going to send you home with some Vicodin. I only want you to use it though when you really can't take the pain. Understand?" She asked and I nodded, "I understand." I said and she smiled, "good. It's important that you also don't drink any alcohol if you even plan on taking it. It can kill you." She said and I nodded, "no alcohol. Got it." I said and she laughed.

"Good. Now get some rest, you're in for a painful few days." She said and I snorted, "I'm already in pain, how much worse can it really get?" I asked and she just smiled at me, "just rest up." She said then left the room.

"Well now I'm scared." I said with a nervous laugh, "don't be, it won't get any worse than you have already dealt with. You got this." He said as Mia fussed in her crib. "I wish I could just cuddle her." I said with a frown as he walked over the crib and pulled her out.

"Soon babe, soon." He said and bounced her as Kat and Tara came back. "We got the goods!" Kat yelled happily as she held the bag of icecream up. "Oh I'm so excited." I said and reached for the bag, only for my arm to fall back onto my lap.  "Damnit." I hissed as pain shot through my whole body.

"Here, I'll feed ya." Tara said and sat by the bed, taking my icecream out and opening it. She took a spoonful of icecream and laughed, "okay open up! The airplane is ready to land! vroooooom" she said and started moving the spoon around like it was a plane flying through the air.

I just stared at her with a straight face as Kat started dying of laughter. "She's gonna kick your ass Tara." Colby said as he fed Mia over by the couch. "She can't even move her arms." Tara said with a laugh as I used all of my strength to move arm and flick her on the forehead.

I collapsed in pain but laughed at the same time as Tara stared at me with a straight face. I opened my mouth for her to put the spoon in as Kat fell to the ground laughing. "Touché Coraline, touché." She said and I giggled, "that's not my name." I said and took a bite of the icecream and leaned my head back into my pillow.

I might have been in excruciating pain, but it was nice to be able to laugh with my best friends still.