59

He led me down the hallway and into the office, "what are we doing?" I asked as he sat me down in the desk chair. "Shh, just trust me on this one." He said and leaned over me to type something into the computer. I bounced Mia as I suspiciously watched him pull up a video on the screen titled weddingproject2021.

When the video loaded an image of Colby showed up on the screen, "hey baby girl, it's Colby, your now husband I guess. I am here in the cabin with the guys getting ready to marry your fine ass." The video version of him said as I chuckled and looked up at real life Colby who was smiling at the screen. "I just wanted to put together a video of this experience since nothing is guaranteed. Our memories are more valuable than ever..as you know." He said with a sigh before he smiled. "Here we go." He said then covered the camera with his hand.

"Hey future Cora! It's Colby from the past. I'm about to propose to you. I know it's planning way in advanced for me to be filming this considering we aren't engaged yet but I have a good feeling you'll say yes. I guess if you're watching this though, then you must have said yes. So hey my beautiful wife, I love you." He said then winked and brought his hand to the lense of the camera.

It cut to a video of him proposing, I had just said yes and thrown myself into him. I was still pretty pregnant which was weird to think about because I almost don't remember a world with Mia not in it.

The screen cut to Colby again, "Hey me again, you're over there celebrating, but I just wanted to say thank you for saying yes." The video version of him whispered as the present day Colby kissed my head.

The video cut again to Colby who had cake all over his face, "hey baby, we just got back from our cake tasting and can I just say that you're the most beautiful person ever, even with cake all over your face. I can't believe I get to marry you, you're too good for me Cor." He said and paused, looking around as if he was about to get caught. After a couple seconds he turned back to the camera, "Thanks by the way for letting me have red velvet. You're the best." He said and covered the screen quickly. I reached up and wiped a stray tear that had fallen from my eye as I stared at the screen.

The video cut to the guys and him at his bachelor party, "hey baby girl! I'm here with the guys. They brought me to this cool abandoned building WITH permission." He said as I laughed, "I think you're supposed to have strippers or something at bachelor parties but I would never even want that, they would have nothing on you anyways." He said and winked before he panned the camera to the guys, "hey cor!!" They all yelled, "still can't believe she said yes to you dude, does she know you're already married to me?" Corey said and wrapped his arms around Colby's waist. "Shh that's our little secret brother." He said and laughed as he brought his hand to the lense again.

The video cut to me looking up at the sky with Mia at our venue. I didn't notice at the time that he was filming as I talked and bounced with her. "I'm so lucky." He whispered as I pointed up at the birds as Mia cooed in my arms.

The video then cut to Colby who was sniffling, it looked like he just got done crying. "Hey baby girl. You don't remember me right now, so I don't know why I'm even filming this." He said with a thick voice as tears formed in his eyes. "If you actually get to watch this and remember everything again, please know how absolutely grateful for you I am. I'm crushed right now because it feels like I'm living in a world that you're not in. I love you so much." He said and sniffled then looked down. "Please god remember me." He mumbled then looked up with sad eyes at the camera again before covering the lense with his hand.

I reached over and grabbed Colby's hand and rubbed the back of it with my thumb as the screen changed. "I know that last clip was probably pretty sad but guess what! You remember me. You remember everything again! see?" He said then panned the camera over to me as I bounced Mia on my lap at the Christmas party. "I love you baby girl thanks for coming back to me. I really fucking missed you." He said then cut the camera again.