"She was kind of cute"

Romeo POV

I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock obnoxiously blaring in my ears. It was currently 7am. Time to get up and get ready for my first day of sophomore year at Fairy Tail high. This year...was going....to be...EPIC! I finally wasn't a freshman anymore so the hazing is going to (hopefully) stop, or at least be minimal. My coach also thinks I was good enough last year to be pulled up to the varsity baseball team this year, and hopefully, hopefully by some miracle of Mavis...I might finally meet a girl....

"ROMEO GET YOUR ASS UP WE'RE GOING TO MISS THE BUS JACKASS" I heard my pain in the ass step-brother yell into my room from the hall.

"God could you be more annoying Natsu! Shove it and give me a minute will ya?!" I shouted back.

My step brother was going to be a senior this year, at the same school as me. He was very much old enough to get his drivers license, but his lazy ass hasn't been behind the wheel in months and just doesn't wanna try anymore, so unfortunately we are stuck still taking the bus.

I hopped in the shower, brushed my teeth and grabbed a quick bite to eat before meeting the salmon-haired parasite outside to get ready to walk to the bus stop.

"So, you somehow survived your first year of high school huh squirt? Well don't expect it to get any easier, we're still gonna haze the shit out of you for being my brother, freshie or not." Natsu remarked with an oh so punchable expression on his face.

"Okay first of all FLAME BRAIN, I'm your STEP-brother, my dad has been married to your mom for 3 years now and you still can refer to me as that? We are not and never will be brothers got it? And two, who gives, I don't care if you and your buddies think you can pick on me. I have more pull around school than you do" I replied quite harshly.

There was a lot of truth behind what I said, and he knew it too. Despite being a senior, Natsu didn't have a ton of friends per-say. His only real friend was his best friend Gajeel, and this girl named Lucy that comes over to study all the time and NEITHER of them will admit they have feelings for each other because of how dense they are even when it's totally obvious.
Then you had me on the other hand, I was an athlete, so naturally even though I was a freshman last year I knew more people even than my elder step-brother did. Natsu stayed silent after I countered with my point.

Just as my flame for brains step brother and I were about to turn the corner to get to the bus stop, I suddenly felt something bump into me rather abruptly. Whatever I hit must've been pretty light because I simply felt a slight nudge. Following the impact I heard the shriek of a young girl, and when I looked up, a flustered girl with blue pig tails that looked to be around my age was sitting there on the ground in front of me, she must've been who I'd run into!

"Oh Gosh, hey I'm sorry about that I should've looked to see where I was going" I said cordially, feeling bad about knocking her over for she was at most half my weight.

Before I could even extend my hand to help her up some black haired jack-hole was in my face bitching at me.

"HEY WHY DON'T YOU KEEP THAT HEAD OF YOURS UP NEXT TIME SO YOU SEE WHERE YOURE GOING. YOU JUST KNOCKED MY SISTER OVER DICKWAD!" the black haired boy yelled.

Natsu quickly intervened "HEY YOU BETTER WATCH THE WAY YOURE TALKING TO MY BROTHER ASSWIPE, MAYBE YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR SISTER TO KEEP HER EYES PEELED." he argued back.

"Natsu you dumbass- hey I'm sorry about my step-brother" I apologized as I helped the petite girl to her feet.

"No-no you have nothing to apologize for this is just one big accident it's no one's fault. GRAY STOP MAKING A SCENE COME ON WE'LL BE LATE FOR SCHOOL" the blue haired girl shouted to the asshole in a shouting match with my moronic step-brother.

The shouting subsided, and the girl and boy disappeared into the corner around the bus stop. Dang it's a shame I didn't get to ask for her number...she was kind of cute....