"Double Date?!"

At School right before the end of the last class of the day

Romeo POV

I got let out of my last class early because one, the teacher absolutely loves me, and two because I get all my work done almost half an hour before the bell rings every class anyway. So I decided to wait outside of Wendy's last class until she got out so I could walk her home like always.

When I finally heard the final bell of the day sound, I perked up the wall I was leaning against to walk toward the door of the classroom that my beautiful bluenette of a girlfriend emerged from right on cue.

I took her hand and she gave me a warm smile.

"Well hello beautiful. I missed you, how was class?" I gave her hand a small peck before interlocking our fingers as we walked to the front gate of the school to head home.

This warranted a giggle from the bluenette. "Boring and monotonous as always, but how kind of you to ask my love" she replied in a cheerful tone.

As we neared the front door of the school I spotted my salmon haired older brother and his girlfriend Lucy. They seemed to by trying to get our attention.

"Hey Romeo! Wendy! Come here!" They both shouted, waving their arms in the air in an attempt to flag us down.

We made our way over to them to see what they'd wanted.

"What's up guys? Very unusual to see you guys after school considering us talking right now is cutting into your usual make out session." I teased

"WHY YOU LITTLE-" my brother was cutoff by his somewhat intimidating at times girlfriend socking him in the gut.

"What your brother is trying to say Romeo, is that we were thinking if you guys don't have anything planned right now we should go on a double date! It'll be fun! You and Natsu get to have some brother bonding time and the girlfriends, me and Wendy get a chance to get to know each other as well" Lucy explained in a pretty cheerful and peppy way.

Ehhhh? Double date? Usually I liked to keep Wendy as far away as possible from any members of my family. Sure Natsu and I got along a lot better than before, but he was still too much of a weirdo for me to want Wendy to hang around him too much. And don't even get me started on our parents.

But I do suppose since I had dinner with her family it was only fair if I let her hang out with mine as well.

I sighed internally. I really hope I won't regret this.

I turned to my bluenette girlfriend.

"Waddya say Wen? How's a double date with my brother and Lucy sound?"

She smiled at me and gave me a little nod.

"That sounds great Romeo." She then turned to Lucy and Natsu.

"Let's do it!" She exclaimed, grabbing my hand and pulling me suddenly as she ran toward the front door of the school, Lucy did the same with Natsu.

As we were exiting the school grounds, Wendy and Lucy decided that we should see a movie. Natsu and I agreed because we really were indifferent about what we decided to do, but were both happy to see that our girlfriends were so happy to spend time together.

*Time skip about an hour to the movie theater*

Wendy and Lucy went to find their seats while Natsu and I were in charge of bringing the snacks, naturally we also paid of course.

Just as I was about to pick up the pop corn and start walking toward the theater I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

I turned to see Natsu. He was giving me a warm smile.

"Huh? What is it? Why are you looking at me like that you creep?" I teased.

He just kept smiling.

"We've really grown in this short amount of time haven't seen Conbolt? Not too long ago you couldn't get us to spend more than 5 minutes in the same room without us wanting to murder each other. And now look at us. On a double date at the movies with our girlfriends. Times have changed huh?" He was right. About a month Or so ago we didn't get along at all. We've really started to grow close lately. And it was...nice. We were finally starting to act like brothers.

I returned a smile.

"Yeah. We really have. And I'm glad too. It's nicer really. To feel like we're finally...brothers."

He ruffled my hair.

"We've always been brothers Conbolt. And always will be." He assured me.

I smiled at him.

"Yeah. You're right. Hey we should get back to the girls, I'm sure the movie is gonna start soon."

"Yeah let's get goin"

We made our way to the theater and into our seats alongside Wendy and Lucy.

I wrapped my arm around Wendy as the previews were still rolling and noticed that she was shaking-no, shivering.

It was pretty cold in here, they have the air conditioner cranked way up.

I proceeded to pull my uniform blazer off and handed it to her.

"R-Romeo. Arent you cold?" She asked, I could see she already felt guilty.

"I'm fine Wen I promise. Plus, even if I was I'd rather be cold myself then let my girlfriend sit there freezing her butt off." I reassured her with a smile and a peck on her cheek.

It was quite dark in the theater but I could see her blush coming.

"You know not only are you smoothe, but you are a sweetheart through and through Conbolt." She smiled and returned a peck on my cheek.

"I know. I'm kind of awesome" I joked with a grin.

This warranted a light sock on the shoulder from my girlfriend, and we both shared a laugh because of it.

As the movie was about to start, I felt Wendy nuzzle her head against my shoulder, and hug my arm tightly.

She remained that way for basically the entire movie.

When we exited the theater, Natsu had told us that he was going to walk Lucy home and that he'd see me at home.

I proceeded to do the same with Wendy.

"So our first double date huh? Did you have fun?" She asked as she clung to my arm as we walked.

"I did. It was nice getting to spend time with you, as well as my brother and his girlfriend. And you and Lucy seem to have gotten along too. I was glad."

I was glad indeed. Glad to have a good relationship with my step brother finally.

Glad he finally was with the girl of his dreams that he'd been crushing on for YEARS.

And glad that I'd found a dream girl of my own.

Wendy Marvell.

Oh how lucky I am to call you mine.

I love you, Wendy Marvell. So much