"Daydreaming, Miss Marvell?"

Wendy POV

As I was sitting in my last class period of the day, I couldn't help but recount the rather...unexpected events of my first day at Fairy Tail high. I was so scared of being the new girl, scared that no one would like me or want to hang out with me. And it's not like I've made a ton of new friends on my first day here, but I've made one great one already and that's all I care about.

Sure I've only known Romeo for a while 6 or so hours. But there's just something about him...that seems like we've known each other for years. We just have that connection I guess. A connection good enough apparently for him to invite me to hang out after school on the first day of us meeting. N-not that it's a date or anything....because it's totally NOT...right?

I was snapped out of my own thoughts by the recurring calling of my name.

"Daydreaming Miss Marvell? Are you still with us?" My 6th period woodshop teacher Ms. Olietta called out to me, breaking me from my daze.

"Uh-um yes. I'm sorry ma'am. I must have gotten lost in my thoughts a bit. It won't happen again." I responded rather meekly. I've never been one to doze off in class, I praised myself in being a hard working student.

"Well I know it is your first day at Fairy tail high Miss Marvell, but please do try your hardest to remain engaged during shop class. We use a lot of heavy machinery in here and would hate to see any of you get hurt due to someone not paying attention." Miss Olietta corrected me in a gentle, yet firm tone.

"My apologies ma'am. I promise, I'll be more careful".

Before I knew it, the final bell sounded and all classes were dismissed. I looked down to check my phone and saw a text from Romeo. We'd exchanged phone numbers during lunch.

<Romeo>:
     "Hey Wendy, you still up for milkshakes?"
                                                             Received, 3:30pm

<Me>:
       "Yes! Of course! I'll meet you at the front gate?"
                                                            Sent, 3:31pm

<Romeo>:
        "Sounds good! I'll see you in a few Wen."
                                                             Received, 3:31pm

I then scrolled to find my brother in my contacts. If I went anywhere without letting Gray know, he'd blow a fuse.

<Me>:
       "Hey big bro, Romeo invited me to grab a milkshake with him before I head home. Tell mom and dad I'll be home well before dinner. I wanna hear all about how our first day went for you! Thx love ya 💙
                                                    Sent, 3:33pm

<Buttface 🤪❄️>
          "That's cool, but BE CAREFUL WEN. And if slanty eyes' little brother tries to pull a fast one you'd better let me know about it! Love ya see ya at home!
                                                   Received, 3:33pm

<Me>
            "It's not like that doofus! I'll see you at home weirdo"
                                                  Sent, 3:34pm

I locked my phone and started to make my way toward the front gate of the school. Of course it was quite crowded with school just getting out a few minutes ago, but I just made my way through the see of students as best as I could with my petite frame.

Before I knew it I had arrived at the front gate of my new school. I started to look around for my newly acquainted friend, and while I did so felt a light tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to see the very Raven-haired smiley boy that I had been looking for, giving me that toothy grin that just flustered me like nothing ever had before.

Before I could muster any words, he offered me his arm, while giving me a sheepish smile while simply uttering the words:

"So, shall we go then?"