"First Date Jitters"

Fast forward to around 4:30pm that same Saturday

Wendy POV

I checked my phone and saw that it was 4:30. Romeo would be by to pick me up to go on our first date at the school festival.

Even though the festival didn't start til 6, Gray had already left, him and his girlfriend whom I learned was named Juvia, apparently had made plans to have dinner at some restaurant first before the festival.

I decided it was time that I started getting ready. I picked out a dress from my closet and hung it on my door. I then started to brush out my long blue hair, and clipped them up in my usually pig tails. I hated wearing make up, so I didn't even own any. Romeo didn't seem to mind though, I'm lucky, saves me a lot of time and effort trying to cake my face.

By the time I was done getting ready it was just about 5:30, and right on cue my phone started ringing.

"Romeo?" I answered?

"H-hey Wen, I'm outside, you ready to get going?" Aww he was nervous. My boyfriend is a cutie. Wow, still have to get used to calling him that.

"Okay coming! Be right down 'kay!" I then hung up the phone and started down the stairs, when it hit me also. They same feelings he'd been feeling.

The dreaded first date jitters....

Negative thoughts started coming to my mind:

"What if it's awkward?"
"What if I do something stupid?"
"What if it isn't the same as when we were just friends?"
"Do we make a good couple?"

Wait what am I thinking?! I shouldn't be thinking these things! I'm dating my best friend. Someone who I know cares for me as much as I care for them. I have nothing to worry about!

After all...my boyfriend is Romeo Conbolt. I'm as happy as a girl could be.

After gathering my thoughts, I walked out the door to find my boyfriend standing there, his adorable nervous wreck that he was. And he was perfect that way. First date jitters and all.

He looked at me wide eyed.

"Wow W-Wen. Y-you look amazing. I mean you always look amazing b-but. You look....even more...amazing."

I giggled at his absolutely adorable nervousness.

"Why thank you Romeo" I smiled "you look dapper as well."

This seemed to settle his nerves a bit. He smiled.

"Thanks Wen." He then reached out his hand for me.
"Shall we get going m'lady?"

I gave him a warm smile and took his hand, interlocking our fingers.

"Let's."

We walked the whole way, hand in hand to the school grounds, and when we finally got there I was in awe of how truly amazing the festival was.

I wasn't surprised at the extravagance because of how big and wealthy of a school fairy tail is, but I still couldn't help but marvel at the sight of how many things there were to do. It was like an amusement park! At my school! This was going to be quite the first date. I could already tell.

3rd person POV

Wendy and Romeo took part In all of the festivities that the school festival had to offer. They ate unhealthy carnival food, watched some of the live entertainment, and even went around playing the multitude of different carnival games. Romeo won the ring toss game and even won Wendy a stuffed panda bear.

As the festival came to a close, the two decided that there was not a more fitting way to end their first date than with a visit to their favorite diner for some milkshakes.

Romeo POV

We walked into the same diner that we'd been in a million times since meeting each other. But this time it was different. This time we were on a date, this is the first time we've been here as a couple.

As we entered we were greeted by the same white haired bubbly waitress as always.

"Romeo, Wendy! It's been a little while. How are you cuties?!" Mira exclaimed.

Wendy looked at me and smiled before answering Mira. "We're great Mira thank you. Romeo and I are actually on our first date right now. We just came from our school's festival, and we thought it'd be sweet to end our first ever date at our favorite place." I could see her visible blush at the mention of us being a couple now, and I could feel myself blushing as well.

Mira absolutely exploded with excitement.

"OMG OMG OMG. S-SO YOU GUYS ARE. TOGETHER NOW?! FINALLY! OH YES MY ROWEN SHIP HAS FINALLY SAILED!" Mira blurted out. Sometimes I really think she forgets she's on the clock.

I looked over at Wendy and saw that she had a slight blush on her face. Gosh my girlfriend was so darn cute when she was embarrassed.

"Uh-um...Mira...are you alright?" Wendy uttered, the pink intensifying on her cheeks.

"Oh yes I am more than okay! I've been predicting that you two would eventually end up together and that day has finally come!!!" Mira exclaimed twirling about while she walked into the back to prepare our usual milkshakes.

"Huh. She is something else isn't she Wen?" I looked over to see her smiling at me warmly.

"Eh? You okay Wen?" I asked

"Romeo. I'm really lucky to have met you, to have become your best friend, and now....." she trailed off and pause.

"What is it Wen?" I became concerned with my girlfriend's change of tone.

"And to now to have fallen in love with you...." my heart skipped a beat as these words left her lips.

'She loves me. It's our first date and she told me she loves me. I mean I love her too. This is a relief right?! Because you wanted to tell her the same anyway, at least you know she feels the same! C'mom day something dumbass!" My inner monologue was interrupted by my girlfriend waving her hand in my face.

"Eh Romeo? Are you okay? Was that too much to spring on you? I'm sorry. I know we've only officially been together for a couple of days but....I've loved you for a while now." Wendy replied shyly.

I smiled and got up from my side of the booth and walked around  to sit next to her.

Her blush intensified.

"R-Romeo...what are you-"

I cut her off by cupping her face with my hands and pulling her lips onto mine. 

I didn't care that we were in the middle of a diner, I didn't care who could see, all that mattered is that I was here, with Wendy, my best friend that I had fallen in love with, who I am now fortunate enough to be dating. That was all that mattered to me at that moment. She was all that mattered.

When we finally ended our kiss she looked up at me, with tears of joy in her eyes.

"Wendy. I've felt the same way the whole time. I love you Wendy Marvell. And I'm glad to have met you, become best friends with you, and fallen in love with you. And now you're mine and I couldn't be happier." I don't even know where these words were coming from, but they effortlessly manifested. But they were all true, every last word. It was truly how I felt about her.

Wendy paused for a moment, then just smiled and caressed my face.

"I love you too...Romeo Conbolt...and I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have met you."

Man what did I ever do to deserve this girl. I am truly in love.