"Do you want it to be a date?"

Romeo POV

I stood there absolutely petrified following the words that left the mouth of my bluenette best friend, need I say once more is the GIRL WHO I AM IN LOVE WITH.

"L-like...a date?"

I couldn't even muster a response to that.

Would I have loved for it to be a date? Well of course I would! But I could never ask Wendy on a date. She's my best friend. Sure I've liked her since the day we met a couple of months ago, but I couldn't do anything to ruin our friendship. Plus what if she doesn't feel the same? It'll be awkward if she knows how I feel.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Wendy's hand on my shoulder.

"Hellooooo, Romeo O Romeoooooooo. You there?" Wendy said, waving her hand over my spaced out expression.

"O-oh yeah...s-sorry Wen. And no, I mean of course it wouldn't be a date.....unless...."

SHIT
UNLESS WHAT CONBOLT?! WHAT THE SHIT AM I SAYING?!

"Unless....what Romeo?" Wendy had a puzzled look on her face. But I could also make out a slight blush. Could she be thinking the same thing I am?

It's time Romeo. It's time we tell her.....

'Shit I sure hope you're right inner me. Here goes nothing, Mavis help me.' I wrapped up my inner monologue and took a deep breathe. Before finally speaking.

"Wen. I'm gonna be straight forward here. You're my best friend in the whole world. But to tell you the truth....I see you as way more than that...." I could already feel my blush coming on, and my heart was racing at Mach speed.

Wendy became flustered, and her blush intensified. "R-Romeo...what are you saying?"

"What I'm trying to say is...I've had feelings for you ever since we'd started becoming closer and hanging out Wen. I-I really l-like you Wendy. And I want to be more than just your best friend" I sighed a huuuuge sigh of relief. Now...we hear her peace.

Wendy hesitated for a moment. But then I noticed. Tears forming in her eyes. And a smile appear across her face. Oh dear Mavis how I loved that smile.

"Wen...are you-" I was cut off.

"Romeo...I've been hiding the same feelings towards you." She said, tears of joy coming down.

I was in disbelief. "R-really?"

"Yes Romeo. I just never wanted to say anything because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. But...I like you too Romeo Conbolt. A lot. And I want to be more than just your best friend too."

I felt my smile intensity, as well as my blush. I could barely think of words. The only thing I could muster was:

"So...now that we know all of this. Do you want it to be a date?"

Wendy flashed me a warm smile, and took hold of my hand, interlocking our fingers. This made my face light up like a Christmas tree.

What she said next just sent me over the top in terms of overwhelming happiness and relief

"Why yes Romeo Conbolt, I would love to be your date to the school festival."