" A man in uniform"

Wendy POV

As the spring semester of school rolled around, so came the time for baseball season to start up. I wasn't normally one to have a care in the world for sports, but seeing that I am now dating an athlete, this was an exciting time for me.

Sure it kind of sucked that he now had to stay after school a couple of hours for practice 3 days out of the week (which didn't make too much of a difference because he still came over afterward) but I was excited to finally get a chance to watch Romeo play the game he loved.

It was Friday, their first game of the season was tonight, against our rival school, Sabertooth high from Crocus. From what Romeo has explained to me, it sounds like a pretty bitter rivalry at that. But it didn't sound like too much of a rivalry to me considering Fairy tail hasn't won a single game against Sabertooth in the last 5 years. Although from the way he spoke of the team this year, he was confident they'd win tonight. I didn't care if they won or not. I love him either way and I want to see him have fun!

It was currently 4pm, the game started at 6 and I wanted to be there by 5 so I decided to start getting ready. I decided to wear a light blue miniskirt with Romeo's Fairy Tail Baseball hoodie that he'd given me (which was SUUUUUUUUUPER cute of him to do btw). I then slipped on some white vans and tied my long blue hair up in a pony tail.

As I was about to walk through the door I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

I turned to find my big bro.

"G-Gray? What is it? You need something before I head out?"

"Nah. Not really. Just curious where you're going" he replied rather monotone.

"Oh. I'm just gonna go watch Romeo's game. Its their first one of the year and I promised him I'd go to all the home games. Besides, I wanna watch him play." I replied

"Oh. Cool. Since when did you get into baseball?" He furrowed his brow at me.

"Since I started dating a baseball player you goof. So, you wanna come?"

He hesitated but then conceded, "Eh, got nothing better to do. Plus, I like Conbolt, he's good to you. Cool if I tell Juvia to meet us there?"

"OMG OMG YESSSSS I GET TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR GUUUUUUUURLFRIEEEEEND!"
I teased. But in reality, I really did wanna get to know her more. But I just had to give my brother some flack while I was at it.

"GAHHHH OKAY OKAY ILL TEXT HER GEEZ! anyway, cmon let's get going then."

*time skip to the game*

Wendy POV

We arrived at the field, and it was actually the first time I'd seen our baseball field. As expected of a school like fairy tail, it was quite nice.

Gray, Juvia and I were looking for some open seats when I heard someone calling in my direction.

"Yo! Romeo's girlfriend! Hey! Over here!"

I turned and saw Romeo's brother Natsu, his girlfriend Lucy, their friend Gajeel and his girlfriend Levy.

I smiled and made my way over to them.

"You know Natsu, she has a name. You can't just call her 'Romeo's girlfriend' that is rude." Lucy lectured

"Hehe you're right sorry babe. And my bad Wendy" Natsu replied rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh it's okay really. Do you mind if we sit with you guys?" I motioned to my brother and his girlfriend behind me.

"Sure!" Lucy replied.

As we were watching the teams warm up, another voice called for me. But it was an unfamiliar one.

"Hey! Blue hair! You! Conbolt's girl!"

I turned to follow the voice and saw it belonged to a white haired girl, around Gray's age. And she was standing next to another girl with dark hair and gold colored eyes.

"Y-yes, that's me. I'm Romeo's girlfriend. My name is Wendy. And you two are?" I replied as politely as possible.

"Spare us the introduction princess. Just know that your boyfriend is still a sophomore, so I don't care how good he thinks he is, this is still my Sting's team got that?" The white haired girl spat.

"Yukino, don't forget my Rogue, theyre co-captains after all. And they're the best two players on the team." The dark haired girl added.

"I-I didn't think at all that Romeo was better than your boyfriends. This is actually the first time I've ever seen him play." I replied

The two girls just gave me a glare before walking away.

Well that was odd.

But if those two are the girlfriends of the two bozos that Romeo has for teammates that gave me a rather rude introduction a few months ago then that makes a lot of sense.

The PA sounded and the announcer began to speak.

"Gooooooooood evening Fairy Tail high schooooool! Welcome to opening night of what looks to be a promising season!"

After introducing the Sabertooth players, he then started to introduce fairy tail's "lineup" as he said. I'm already learning new terms!

He stated with a couple of players I'd never even seen around school before, then introduced the two I was dreading to see.

"Aaaaaaand batting 3rd! Senior third basemen, number 7, STING EUUUUUUUUCLIFFEEEEE!"

Just as the announcer finished introducing that snobby asshole's name, his obnoxious white haired girlfriend of course had to make it known who exactly she was.

"THATS MY BOYFRIEND EVERYBODY! NUMBER 7! THAT HOTTIE! IS MY BOYFRIEND! LETS GO STINGY-POO!" Wow is this what athletes girlfriends were supposed to be like? Mavis may I never, EVER turn into that.

As the names went on, the announcer finally got to the 9th and final batter in the order.

"And batting 9th, making his varsity debut as the only underclassman on the roster I might add, right fielder (Romeo is a short stop usually but cmon everyone who's played baseball knows whenever coach pulls up an underclassman they're getting stuck in right field for a little lol) #20, Romeo Conbolt!"

He took his place standing next to his teammates, when he noticed me in the bleachers and gave a warm smile and mouthed an "I love you".

This made me blush, I didn't know how to react. Do I cheee? No that would make me obnoxious like that Yukino girl. Right? Wouldn't it?

Just when I was deep in my thoughts I was snapped out of it by the cheers of those beside me.

"Yeah let's go Romeo! Give em hell! Kick their saber Asses!" Natsu shouted

"Natsu language! Whooo you got this Romeo!" Lucy also shouted

"Cmon shrimp you better play well if I came all this way to watch you" Gajeel also cheered to my surprise, whilst stuffing his face with popcorn

"Do you call everyone who's shorter than you shrimp? Also you know you live just down the road right? You didn't have to come far at all my love" Levy added. Ah their relationship was interesting for sure.

And probably the bigger surprise of all. Was my brothers reaction.

"Let's go Conbolt you got this! Show em what you got!" Wow. My big brother supporting my boyfriend. This felt...nice.

The cheers of the others calmed me down, and I could finally return the gesture to my boyfriend.

I then turned and blew him a kiss for good luck before mouthing "I love you too."

He smiled, caught it, and put it in his back pocket before running out to his position in the outfield.

Gosh he looked so good in his uniform....

I love me a man in uniform.

"New In Town" RoWen Fanfic  जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें