"Family Dinner" pt. 2

Fullbuster/Marvell household: Still the night of Romeo's dinner with Wendy's family

Romeo POV

Wendy's dad and I sat in the living room talking for what has been about 15 minutes now. Wendy and her mom were in the kitchen getting dinner ready when I'd finally realized something, or someone rather was missing.

I realized that Wendy's brother wasn't here.

"Will Gray be joining us for dinner as well Mr. Fullbuster?" I asked out of pure curiosity since I hadn't seen him since I walked in about a half hour ago.

"He's actually with his girlfriend, Juvia was it? They had plans to go see a movie. He said he'd like to hang out with you sometime though. You know, bonding type of thing. Since you're dating our Wendy and all." Mr Fullbuster replied smiling while also having the other half of his attention glued to the television in front of him.

'Bonding huh? Does that mean he likes me? I know he seems cold and stand-offish a lot of the time, but Wendy's brother seems to be a cool guy. It was their close relationship as step siblings that inspired me to get closer to my step brother after all. I'm sure it would be fun to hangout with him sometime' my inner monologue was interrupted by my beautiful girlfriend walking out into the living room and wrapping her arms around my neck from behind me.

"Hey hun, dad, dinner is just about done if you both want to join mom and I in the kitchen." She smiled. Gosh she was just so darn cute.

I got up and offered her my hand

"Shall we my love?" I returned a warm smile, which warranted a slight blush from the bluenette.

We entered the kitchen to be met by an abundance of home-cooked, delicious looking food.

"Beautiful, kindhearted, and can cook? What can't you do Miss Marvell?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Might want to try it first before you go praising me Conbolt." She poked fun back at me.

"This looks great Wen, Mrs. a Fullbuster, thank you so much for preparing this meal."

"Yes! Now let's dig in shall we?!" Mr. Fullbuster exclaimed with a smile, basically attacking the spread of food in front of us.

We ate, talked, laughed, and Mr and Mrs F even shared some embarrassing and adorable stories about Wendy and Gray when they were younger, and to top it all off, they even had pictures! It was great, although Wendy might disagree with me there.

When we finished our meal I insisted on helping clean up, despite everyone insisting "that the guest should not need to help clean" I wanted to be a gentleman. Plus this is my girlfriend's family we're talking about, I care for them as much as I care for her.

After we washed and put the dishes away, Mr and Mrs. Fullbuster informed Wendy and I that they would be turning in for the night, and told me that I was free to hang out for a few hours if I so chose.

Of course, I gladly took them up on their offer.

"Hey Romeo" Wendy called for me from the living room as I finished up the last of the dishes.

"What's up Wen?" I said, putting the last plate into the dish rack.

"Come here, I wanna show you something." She motioned for me to follow her. I did

She led me to a door toward the back of the house. When she opened it, it revealed a small patio. There were a couple of reclining lawn chairs sitting on it, and Wendy walked over and sat in one while motioning me to do the same in the other.

I walked over and sat myself next to my girlfriend. I then realized why she wanted us to come out here.

The stars in the sky tonight were shining bright as ever. And because Magnolia didn't have the brightest city lights in the world, we could see them shine just perfectly down on us.

"Wow. This is quite the view Wen" I sighed looking at her.

"I know right. Magnolia is pretty beautiful at night. That's one of the first things I'd noticed since moving here" she said with a smile.

"No Wen. I was talking about you. But now that you mention it, I guess the stars are pretty cool too" I chuckled at my own cheesy romance.

Wendy smiled and let out a giggle herself before playfully socking me in the arm.

"You big idiot."

She then sat up, and took me by surprise by laying herself on top of me, so that her head was resting on top of my chest.

This warranted a bright red blush from me.

"W-wen-" I was cut off by her lips crashing into mine as she caressed my face with her hands.

When she finally broke the kiss, she laid her head back into my chest. I then rested my chin on the top of her head, broke using one of my free hands to caress her back, and the other to play with her long, blue hair, which she was wearing down as opposed to her usual pig tails. 

She then looked up at me and smiled.

"Romeo Conbolt. My heart is all yours. You are the best thing I could've imagined to happen to me since moving to Magnolia. And I want you, and only you until the end of time. I love you." Upon finishing her sentence, she topped it all off with another peck on my lips.

I then cupped her face.

"Wendy Marvell. You are the single most amazing person I have ever met. My heart belongs to you and only you. And the days you will spend with me are that of the amount of stars in the sky tonight. More than we could comprehend. I love you Wendy." I moved in for a kiss once more, and she returned the gesture.

When we broke the kiss, she rested her head on my chest once again. And we lay there for a while.

Just the two of us, not another care in the world.

This truly must be what it means to love.

And be loved.

I love you...Wendy Marvell.