"Secret Hideout"

Romeo POV

It was a Saturday morning, my dad and Natsu and zeref's mom were at work per usual, and since it was his second week in town big brother Zeref decided he'd take Natsu and I out for breakfast this morning.

For a guy that hasn't kept in contact with or so much as to have sent a post card to his family since he moved away from home years ago, he was pretty keen on spending some brother bonding time with Natsu and I since he'd gotten back to Magnolia.

We decided to hit the diner for some pancakes for breakfast.

We spent a majority of breakfast reminiscing on our younger days. How it was when my dad first married their mom, how Zeref had to always prevent Natsu and I from killing each other, and then Natsu brought up something that I'd nearly forgotten about....

Which gave me an absolutely brilliant idea!

I left my total for my portion of the tab with Z and Natsu and bolted out of the diner, leaving my older brothers in utter confusion.

As soon as I exited the diner, I pulled out my phone and started texting my favorite bluenette.

Wendy POV

For some reason I'd woken up relatively early for a Saturday. I was home alone, my parents had gone off to run some errands, and Gray and Juvia were out on a movie date, so I decided to just kick back and watch some TV with Carla purring softly on my lap.

About 15 minutes into "New Girl" I heard my phone ding.

And it was none other than who I'd been waiting for a response from all along.

<Romeo <3>

        Good morning my love!
I have something really cool that I wanna show you if you're free today, let me know. I can be at your place in the next 5 mins.

                                 Received, 10:30am

I smiled down at my phone and began to reply

<Me>
Why hello there handsome :)
Good morning to you too. And I absolutely cannot wait to see what it is you are so excited to show me lol. Give me a few minutes to change and I will be waiting outside. And for future reference, I love the spontaneity but if you don't want me to look like death like I will today, try to give me a heads up before you pop into my neighborhood 😂
I love you Conbolt ❤️

Sent, 10:32am

I then rushed upstairs to throw on a mini skirt and one of Romeo's flannel shirts that I'd stolen from him, and brushed my hair out and put them up in my signature pig tails so I looked somewhat decent for my boyfriend upon short notice.

Just as I was coming back downstairs to slip into my vans and head out to wait on the porch I heard a knock at the door

I opened it and right on cue, there stood my raven-haired boyfriend, giving me that toothy grin that just melted my heart since the day I met him.

I returned a warm smile before greeting him.

"You sure got here fast, happened to be in the neighborhood?"

I asked before giving him a peck on the cheek.

He took my hand in his and we began to walk

"You could say that, there's something I remembered today at breakfast with my brothers, and I thought I'td be really cool to bring you there. If it is still there and no one has trashed it over the years that is." He replied with a smile.

"Oh? And do tell me my darling, what is this mystery place you speak of?" I questioned

He then flashed me another warm smile, followed by a wink.

"Well m'lady you will have to just wait and see. If I remember correctly it's not far from here, now c'mon get some pep in that step!" He teased as he continued to drag me along

After about a 15 minute walk we wound up at an old park.

Romeo then directed me toward a tree that was in the corner of the park.

Upon looking up I saw an old treehouse in it.

This must've been what he'd been wanting to show me.

Romeo then stepped in front of me, cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Miss Wendy Marvell, I present to you the legendary Dragneel/Conbolt brothers secret hideout!"

He exclaimed, motioning toward the treehouse.

"No way, you guys built a treehouse? I thought you said you didn't get along with Natsu when you were little?But you could stand sitting in a treehouse with him?" I giggled

"Like I said, Zeref was the mediator most of the time. He kept us from killing each other. Now, shall we?"

He asked while putting his foot into the first rung of the step ladder and extending his hand to me.

I nodded and took his hand and we ascended into his childhood "secret hideout"

He then began to show me the inside, the drawings they'd made on the walls, the stash of comic books that surprisingly were still in here after all these years, and even the different board games they hid away in here.

"Well Wen? Waddya think? Pretty cool huh? And it doesn't look bad for not being used for years" Romeo said

I smiled at him and caressed his cheek while moving my face closer.

Pink instantly dusted his cheeks.

"I think that you need to start taking me on more dates here Conbolt" I said with a wink, before gently pressing my lips on his.

He then pulled away after what felt like an eternity and whispered

"I hereby declare that from this day forward, this "secret hideout" will now become the official "spot" of Wendy and Romeo."

I smiled, and pulled him into another kiss.

This Conbolt was quite the romantic when he wanted to be ❤️