"Then there's him....."

Romeo POV

Wendy and I walked through the halls until we reached the cafeteria..if you could call it that. The eating area at Fairy Tail High was more of an outdoor courtyard (which was pretty huge by the way) with an array of tables and benches for students to sit and eat on during their lunch period. I followed behind Wendy as we made our way through the lunch crowd until we found Wendy's black haired brother that id met (rather abruptly) earlier this morning. He was sitting at one of the tables, and he wasn't alone. He was sitting across from a black haired and red eyed boy, a blonde, fairly large busted girl and a salmon haired boy. It took me a minute for it to click in my mind, but I soon recognized them as Gajeel, Lucy and...NATSU?! Eating with Wendy's brother whom he was about to rip his head off earlier this morning?! That's weird. My step-brother is usually one to hold a grudge for a while. I mean it took him months to finally tolerate Gajeel before they became best friends.

Wendy ran up to the group of seniors, cheerfully greeting her brother. "Big bro! I see you made some friends pretty quickly as well."

"Hey Wen. Yeah Lucy here is in my first two classes so she'd invited me to have lunch with her and her friends since I'm new. Her and Gajeel are pretty fun to talk to....and then there's him" Gray said while slowly turning his gaze to my pink haired imbecile of a step-brother.

"Hey watch where you're aimin' that glare droopy eyes! The only reason I'm puttin up with your ass sitting here is because Luce really wants me to, and I guess Gajeel thinks you're alright too. But don't get it twisted, you and I are NOT friends got it?" Natsu blurted quite harshly.

"No problem. I wasn't planning on making nice with you anyway slanty eyes." Gray shot back with a glare.

"Hey Natsu, could you at least try to be nice, Gray is new, he could use some company. It's very difficult to adjust to a new place ya know." Lucy scolded my brother.

Wendy interjected "You too big bro, it wouldn't kill you to ease up a little."

"Fiiiiiiiiiine" the two senior boys whined reluctantly.

Only after that commotion did the rest of the group realize that I was standing behind Wendy.

"Hey, ain't that slanty eyes brother? The guy that knocked you down this morning? You better have said you're sorry punk" Gray said, his attention turning to me.

"Big bro what did I just say? Ease up will ya? Yes Romeo has apologized more than enough, and he's even been kind enough to walk me around school all day and show me around, so please be nice Gray." Wendy scolded her older brother.

"That true?" Gray asked me, still shooting me a glare.

"Y-yeah, I didn't want her to be all alone on her first day yeh know. I thought it'd help if I walked her to all her classes so she could see where all the rooms and stuff are without having to go on a goose chase for them. " I said rubbing the back of my neck while giving a sheepish grin.

"Yeah well you better not try any funny business with my sister kid!" Wendy's obnoxiously overprotected brother spat at me.

I could feel myself blushing, and upon glancing over at Wendy I could see a tint of rose appear on her cheeks as well upon hearing her brother's comments.

"Romeo?! Try anything with a a GIRL?! BWAHAHA! That's rich droopy eyes, my little brother wouldn't know how to make a move on a girl if the answer slapped him right in the face!" My annoying cherry blossom-headed step brother chimed in.

"God do you ever shut up flame brain?!" I defended myself.

I then decided that maybe we should let the newly aquatinted seniors eat amongst themselves for the day. Mostly to spare ourselves any further embarrassment that would come from being anywhere near our obnoxious siblings any longer.

"Hey Wendy, we've been standing here chit-chatting for a while, waddya day we grab some food and find somewhere to sit AWAY from our siblings." I suggested.

"Sure Romeo!" She replied with a smile, and before I could even react or move she grabbed my arm and we were off.

And in that moment I felt strangely....warm...and content...it couldn't possibly be because I'm gonna have lunch with Wendy right? She's just a friend. I have plenty of friends that are girls....but none of them have ever made me feel like this....

'What is going on Romeo?' I questioned myself internally