"Come give your big brother a hug"

Romeo POV

I was awoken by the sound of an all too familiar voice flipping out and making a commotion about something downstairs.

Man, is there ever going to be a Saturday when I am not going to be woken up by Natsu screaming his head off about something?

Since I was now awake, I decided to find out what the source of the commotion was.

As I stepped out of my room, I saw Natsu at the front door, flustered and just outside our door frame I made out the face of someone who I hadn't seen in years and had no idea when I'd ever see again.

Natsu POV (oooh yes a POV that isn't Wendy or Romeo's to spice things up a bit hehe)

I'd woken up rather early like I did every Saturday. Romeo was still sleeping upstairs, our parents weren't home as usual because they were at work. Just as I was about to pick up my phone to invite Gajeel over to play video games there was a knock at the door.

That's weird. We never had people knocking on our door. And certainly not at 10am on a Saturday. I went to go see who was at the door and my jaw dropped in aww once I saw who it was.

Standing on the opposite side of the door frame from me was a figure about as tall as me, with around the same build, with black hair and dark eyes, and that mischievous smile that I'd recognize anywhere.

WHAT THE HELL IS MY OLDER BROTHER DOING HERE?!?!

"Natsu! Dude how've you been! I haven't seen you since I graduated what like 4 years ago?! Come give your big brother a hug!" He said, trying to be that mushy annoying big brother everyone absolutely hates.

Yup, what he said was absolutely true. It really has been about 4 years since I've seen Zeref, or even heard from him at all! He's always been the type to not really fill us in on his endeavors, a free spirit if you will. Since he graduated high school, he vowed to travel the world and become a free lance writer (a Gypsy as I referred to it as) and hadn't contacted me or Romeo really at all since he left home.

"Dude what the hell?! You can't even call once in a while?! What the hell are you doing here?! What happened to the whole world travel gig? And...why do you have a...suitcase?" I had so many questions. But judging by the size of Zeref's luggage, he wasn't just "passing through" magnolia.

He rubbed the back of his neck while smiling sheepishly

"Hehe I'm guessing neither mom or Macao told you Nats, I'm gonna be staying here for a couple of weeks. I just missed you guys so much! So I had to drop in and take a little vacay to visit you guys! By the way where are our parents anyway?"

"Mom and Macao are at work, Romeo is home though, he should be up any mi-" just as I was about to finish that sentence, we both spotted our raven-haired little step brother appear from his room entrance.

Romeo POV

I-is that....ZEREF?!

Holy balls, it's been YEARS since I've seen him, or even heard anything from him. What the hell is he doing here?!

I went downstairs and while we were making some toaster strudels and coffee for breakfast Zeref filled me in on everything.

How he'd given up free lance writing and traveling and had settled down and found a job full time in Alakitasia writing for a popular tabloid there. He'd also told us how he'd gotten engaged to a girl named Mavis he'd been dating for the past couple of years. He was going to bring her but she couldn't find time off from her job to come along, which was a bummer, after hearing about her Natsu and I wanted to meet her.

Zeref set down his coffee and turned his attention to Natsu and I.

"Welp that's enough about what I've been up to all these years. What about my baby bros? Anything new with you guys?"

Natsu instantly gave me a mischievous look

"Hey Z, little Romeo has gone and for himself a girlfriend! Can you believe it?"

I blushed.

"Is that so Rome? Dude nice! Proud of you squirt"

Zeref said as he ruffled my hair, much to my demise. I hated when he did that.

Welp, it was only fair that Salmon head got some flack too.

"You know, Natsu also was able to snag himself a girl Z" I said smirking.

"SHUT UP DICKHEAD" Natsu exclaimed reaching across the table to grab me as I dodged

"No way! Both of my little bro's have girlfriends now! Wow you two sure have grown since I left home. You know, I'd love to meet these two young ladies. You guys should invite them over tonight! I'll cook!"

Natsu and I looked at each other and gave the "oh shit what have we done look"

Welp... it was only fair, Wendy invited me over to spend time with her family. I guess I have to let her see the crazy people that I call family.

Here goes nothing I suppose

A/N:

Hey y'all!
Sorry for the short chapter and sorry for no RoWen in this chapter!

There will be plenty next chapter I promise! :)