"Family Dinner " pt. 1

It's been 1 month since Romeo and Wendy started dating. Since they've been together a month officially, Wendy decides to make an effort to include Romeo into more areas of her life. You'll see what I mean in a bit :)

Now let's take a look into what our two lovebirds are doing

Wendy POV

Romeo and I have officially been together for a month as of today. I know that a month isn't really a milestone to most people, but he's my first boyfriend, and I'm his first girlfriend so to us this is a pretty big feat for us to accomplish together. I want to take a big-ish step to further prove to him how serious I am about us. But what should it be?

Possibly...EW EW EW NOOOOOO!

...not yet at least....it's much too soon for that...

Oh I know! I should invite him over for dinner with my parents. He'd met them briefly before, but that's when we were still just best friends. In fact they've rarely had any interactions with Romeo since we started dating because I never really brought him around. I mostly met up with him somewhere when we'd spend time together. This is it. Dinner with my parents is a perfect opportunity to show him that I'm serious about our relationship.

Romeo POV

It was Saturday, and just like every Saturday my dad and Natsu's mom would be gone all day at work, so it was just Natsu and I...well and Gajeel. He usually spent the night pretty much every weekend. For a couple of guys that have girlfriends (yes you guessed it right, Natsu confessed to Lucy at the festival and they are now together UwU) they sure spend a lot of time with each other and not so much with their other halves. Bromance will be bromance I guess.

Girlfriend. That reminds me, lemme see what Wen is doing!

I pulled out my phone to text my bluenette girlfriend, when I see that she'd beat me to the punch.

Wendy <3

Hey Romeo,
I know you haven't really gotten to spend much time with or really even see my parents a whole lot since we've started dating. So I thought maybe you'd want to come over and have dinner with us tonight? Of course that's only if you want to. Let me know what ya think.

I love you :)
Received, 10:30am

Huh, come to think of it I really haven't spent much time with her parents. At all. Of course I'd seen them a few times and made small talk with them when I walk her home from school and I'd see them, but that was before we were even dating. It's been a month now and I think it's time I spend some time with them. As their daughters boyfriend.

I started to type out my reply.

Me
Hey beautiful,
That sounds great! By the way happy one month :)
I would love to come over for dinner tonight. I've been wanting to have more interactions with your family, so this is perfect. Shall I bring anything?

I love you too <3
Sent, 10:32am

      Wendy <3
          Of course you don't have to bring anything you dummy! Just your appetite and that pretty face of yours :) anyway, dinner will probably be around 6, so you can show up at about 5:30. I can't wait! They're excited to finally get to sit down with you and talk to you. You're gonna be great. I'm gonna be helping my mom prepare for tonight for the most part today so I'll talk to you when you get here tonight 'kay?
                              I love you Romeo Conbolt <3
                                              Received, 10:34am