T h r e e

Chan quickly got up when he felt J let go of his grasp on her arm. J was already in front of wonwoo and he and the rest of the table just looked at her like they were expecting her to be there in that moment. Misha stared at J with a disgusted look on her face and just rolled her eyes, she must've been embarrassed.

Before J could open her mouth to say anything, Chan walked up behind her and grabbed her arm again, S coups looked up at chan and didn't take his eyes off of him for a while.

"Let's go, class is almost starting" Chan sternly said trying to drag J away even tho lunch had barely started, but not before she turned to the group and said. "Douchebags" and with that, Chan and J left the whole group shocked while misha stood there with her mouth open at what her cousin had just said.

When they finally made it to the classroom Chan looked a little mad. "I told you not to get involved" "this isn't America okay, you can't just do things like that to gang members and get away with it, I don't wanna see you get hurt so just stay away from them."

"But I-" J started but chan interrupted her.

"I know that the things they do are repulsive okay, yes they're the worst but people still love them just as much as they fear them, especially the girls, if they see you getting their attention they might hurt you, J" "these girls are obsessed with these boys because of how good looking they are."

She looked at chan with a weird face before stating, "who cares how good looking someone is if they're a terrible person with an ugly heart, not to mention seventeen are a gang, they're the most terrible, I could never like people like that, I have a thing called dignity."

Chan laughed at the last part, but little did they both know that there were 2 people listening to their conversation outside the classroom. They ended up staying in the classroom since lunch was almost over anyway and just chatting. Chan asked J how she'd been sleeping lately but before she could reply, all of seventeen came back into the classroom, they all took their seats surrounding Chan and J. J quickly stood up and told chan she was going to the bathroom.

J took her time going to the bathroom, she just washed her face in the bathroom and made way back to the classroom, as she got closer, she heard a bang coming from inside her class, as soon as she entered she saw chan up against the wall with s coups hands on his collar. J ran up to chan and pushed S coups off of him with all her might, he was taller and bigger than J so it didn't have that much effect on him but his grip on chan was released. She was so furious, Chan was the most amazing person, how could anyone wanna hurt him?

J turned to Chan with a soft look on her face. "Are you okay bang?" It was a serious time but the pet name just came out of her mouth. Chan nodded and tried to smile at J, she could see that he looked like he wanted to just disappear. She hated seeing him that way.

J turned to s coups who was still standing behind them and then at the whole gang. She tired to calm herself down before speaking. "What do you think you're doing?" Instead of just asking S coups, she was looking at the whole gang. Even though she tried to calm down, you could see the anger in her eyes, it was like they turned dark for a second.

S coups chuckled a little before finally saying with a straight face, "I'm trying to teach this loser a lesson, what does it look like?" he raised his eyebrow at chan who was standing behind J making sure she didn't lose her temper.

"And who are you to decide if he's a loser or not?" J remained scarily calm asking this question.

"Well look at him, his hairs always a mess, his shirt is never ironed and the guy basically trips over himself 24/7." S coups shot back examining chan.

J looked back at chan knowing how insecure he was, the look on his face broke J's heart. She lost it right then and there and darted towards S coups trying to grab him, chan acted fast and held her from behind with both arms. She noticed the leader in front of her was so taken back that he couldn't even say anything anymore. All the members had gotten up from their chairs and had their eyes wide.

"I'm okay. Really jj, I just wanna finish this school day peacefully, it's okay." Chan smiled at J trying to reassure her and her anger was half way gone. J smiled back at Chan as he loosened his grip.

J's anger came back looking at the gang again. "Don't ever mess with him again, he might look like a loser to you, but in everyone else's eyes that truly know him, he's the greatest person ever. So leave him alone, don't even look in his direction anymore." She took one final look at the gang before she scoffed, grabbing Chan's arm and leaving the classroom.

The whole gang was left speechless, they weren't talking but they were all thinking the same thing. "Did that really just happen?"

Everyone was silent before minghao broke it and began. "She's new, just let her be"

"That's the second time you've said that today, hao." Jeonghan spoke up. "She seems fearless but there's definitely some sort of craziness to her" they all chuckled.

"Nah I think she's just crazy hyung," Dino replied making everyone laugh even harder.

S coups was silent the whole time. "bang" he whispered to himself while giggling slightly.

"Why and how is she so close with bang Chan?" Wonwoo finally spoke, getting s coups attention. "It's her first day here, why is she close to him of all people?" Wonwoo questioned sounding annoyed.

"She said she moved her not too long ago right?" Mingyu wondered out loud. "Maybe they were friends before she moved here."

"He moved here a couple years ago, I think it was freshman year." S coups finally spoke up. Everyone looked at him with questioning eyes. He continued, "I think I saw him around the halls that time" he blushed a little thinking back to the first time he saw Chan.

"He's American right?" Vernon asked.

"Australian" s coups corrected. Everyone gave him that same look but he didn't bother looking back at them.

"So what? That means she's also Australian and speaks English?" Joshua asked. "Well actually her korean did have a little accent added to it."

"I still can't believe that happened, fearless or crazy she was kind of adorable when she tried to grab seungcheol" dk said trying to be funny. Minghao and wonwoo both looked back at him giving him a stare.

"So what's the plan coups? You wanna rattle her up a bit and teach her a lesson?" She should know her place" jeonghan said with a monotone voice.

"No" minghao blurt out. "I mean, she's a girl. You can't just hit her, seventeen isn't like that. We know better" he tried to cover up the worry on his face.

"Well yeah but-" woozi tried to speak but hoshi cut him off.

"There's no fun in that though, can't we just mess with her and Chan a little?" Hoshi eyed coups while speaking.

"He's right," coups and seungkwan agreed. "Let's just leave them alone....for now" coups said with a grin.

"She did call us douchebags, remember" woozi brought up. "Well wonwoo is a douche sometimes but no one says it out loud." Woozi teased. They all laughed and went into a deep thought about different things but mostly the same person.