F o u r t y

The morning sun peeked in through the living room windows as J stood in front of the stove, flipping the pancakes right on time.

"Goodmorning beautiful." Wonwoo rubbed his eyes as he walked down the stairs.

"Morning ugly." J looked away to hide her red cheeks.

She set the table as the rest of the members woke up and dug into their breakfast. Hoshi had suggested going out for breakfast but J declined since Mimi was coming over.

"I invited Mimi over today." J sat up on the counter watching them eat breakfast at the dining table.

"Why?" Coups looked up from his cereal.

"Just cause." She shrugged a little, heading over to the couches.

Her parents and Juni had left early in the morning and she could barely open her eyes but she had gone to the airport with them to say her goodbye. She tried to convince Juni to stay but she knew he couldn't. 'If you ever truly need me, I'll be here within seconds' he had said to her. She was grateful she got to spend the time with him that she did.

Mimi had come over pretty early but J smiled and had a positive attitude towards her, she felt bad for her for some reason. I mean, she was basically dating her future fiancé.

"So you guys just play video games all day?" Mimi asked looking at the controllers on the ground.

She had figured out that J lived here now and she surprisingly had no problem with it, or so they thought.

"Wonwoo's in his room, should I go up and talk to him?" Mimi asked enthusiastically.

"Uh yeah, go ahead." J smiled as she felt something in her heart. It wasn't jealousy this time. It was guilt.

J stayed downstairs with the gang as they told her not to read too much into the fact that Wonwoo and Mimi had been in the room for about 30 minutes now. So she tried, and she failed.

"Want me to go and see what they're up to?" Jun asked sympathetically.

"No no, just let them vibe....together." She whispered the last word.

So J sat, and she waited for what seemed like hours as Wonwoo and Mimi were still in wonwoo's room. She didn't understand why she felt this sudden splurge of guilt and sadness go over her body like tides crashing onto the sand, but she did.

After a couple more minutes, Mimi finally came out as her and J sat in the dining table talking.

"I really love him." Mimi took a sip of the juice that J had made for her.

J almost choked on the slice of cake she was eating, the cake Wonwoo had gotten her when they were coming back from the airport since she had a rough time with her parents leaving. She looked down at the double chocolate layered cake and suddenly didn't want it anymore. J didn't know how to respond to Mimi but she tired.

"Love? I thought you said you guys weren't close?" J croaked out pushing the plate away from herself.

"He doesn't know me, but I know him better than he knows himself." She chuckled a little.

And that's when Mimi started. "Like how he likes cold coffee over hot."

'He chooses his coffee depending on the weather.' J thought but just smiled and nodded.

As Mimi went on about how much she thought she knew Wonwoo, J corrected her, in her head of course.

"Wonwoo hates school, he thinks it's stupid."
'He likes to learn new things, that's why he reads often.'